Housing is like crack cocaine.

The whole population of earth could stand on the isle of wight. the earth is not full at all.

There's also enough food produced to feed everyone.

Jeez! ... the ferry owners'd make a fortune!

Is there enough food produced on the Isle of Wight to feed them though, that's the question. The chippy in Ventnor would have a job on catering for all that lot ... 8 billion breadcakes take up a fair amount of room! :gag:

We need to share more.

Tax the rich at 95%, tax the bankers at 95% and all land owners, with that money we can give the cash to everyone else.

I think we should all go to LOndon, stand outside at mobile phone shop and protest about tax evasion. If we have a coffee from Starbucks that will fuel us up for the day

The whole population of earth could stand on the isle of wight. the earth is not full at all.

Area of the Isle of Wight approx. 380sq km = 380 million sq metres

Population of the world conservatively is 6.5 billion

380 million/6.5 billion=0.05sq metres/person

or in other words every sq metre would have 20 people on it...

Have a go at people who buy houses. Have a go at Private Landlords who rent to people who can't or don't want to buy. Make your mind up, if buying a house is bad, then the alternative is to rent, but you despise landlords too don't you.

What exactly is the ideal in Chem1st world? Is it a 100% publicly owned housing stock, zero home ownership because it's all state owned, every house the same, a totally bland landscape, nobody has nothing to work for and nothing to live for because they cannot better themselves with better housing?

Suppose we had a law that banned people from constructing tents.

Suppose those people with tents rented them out for profit and exploited those without tents.

Suppose a certain group had a monopoly on the production of tents, and made less than were needed to keep prices high.

Then I would complain about those renting them out for profit, and I would rightly call them parasites.

And I would complain about that not enough tents are produced.

And I would advise people not to buy tents because they are artificially over priced.

And I would say that the state should provide the people with tents.

Why?

Work it out!

Have a go at people who buy houses. Have a go at Private Landlords who rent to people who can't or don't want to buy. Make your mind up, if buying a house is bad, then the alternative is to rent, but you despise landlords too don't you.

What exactly is the ideal in Chem1st world? Is it a 100% publicly owned housing stock, zero home ownership because it's all state owned, every house the same, a totally bland landscape, nobody has nothing to work for and nothing to live for because they cannot better themselves with better housing?

It's a bit sad if you think that you better yourself by buying / renting a 'better' house

I would be interested to know what the percentage of the population living rough is and what that percentage is of those living rough that cannot afford somewhere to live. (did that sound right?)

At the end of the day, if you are still living with your family because you cannot afford somewhere to live, you still have somewhere to live.

Area of the Isle of Wight approx. 380sq km = 380 million sq metres

Population of the world conservatively is 6.5 billion

380 million/6.5 billion=0.05sq metres/person

or in other words every sq metre would have 20 people on it...

Funny how people are happy to repeat something they heard down the pub when a simple calculation would give lie to it.

Archived