Madeleine McCann investigation

Piers Morgan ...spit... and some bloke who's name I didn't catch were spouting on GMB about how thousands of people in this country are further away from their children when having a BBQ in their own home ..... I'll call BS on that one.

They must have very big houses then.

And thank fully not many are anti social enough to have barbeques on the few decent days we get in this country. :)

Piers Morgan ...spit... and some bloke who's name I didn't catch were spouting on GMB about how thousands of people in this country are further away from their children when having a BBQ in their own home ..... I'll call BS on that one.

But all and sundry are not walking around the garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltuL0ICkzs

This is a very good and long documentary (4 hrs) and tells you everything about where certain info has come from and picks apart the lot.

We went to Praia da Luz last September, we booked it without knowing what happened there, we'd obviously heard of the Mccanns through the media but didn't realise this was the place.

I watched that documentary while there and after id realised it was the place she went missing.

We walked past the hotel regularly and the apartment she went missing from as we had a villa towards the back of the village/town, the apartment is on the corner, the Tapas bar is in the middle of the complex. 2 Sides of the apartment face very quiet, unlit roads, kind of like backstreets.

Personally i wouldn't have left my kids in there alone.

We spoke to some expats and they had been there for some years and were a bit sick of the unwanted attention the area got, all the stop signs had " STOP and then maddie circus" underneath spray painted on, some also told us how Mrs McCann was out jogging the morning after, she isn't particularly liked in Priai de Luz.

Any way, if you have an afternoon spare, the video is worth a watch.

Priai De Luz is a great place, we really enjoyed our visit and i think this sort of thing could happen anywhere, just unlucky the place is now known for the wrong reasons

Edited by Mac_Plas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltuL0ICkzs

This is a very good and long documentary (4 hrs) and tells you everything about where certain info has come from and picks apart the lot.

We went to Praia da Luz last September, we booked it without knowing what happened there, we'd obviously heard of the Mccanns through the media but didn't realise this was the place.

I watched that documentary while there and after id realised it was the place she went missing.

We walked past the hotel regularly and the apartment she went missing from as we had a villa towards the back of the village/town, the apartment is on the corner, the Tapas bar is in the middle of the complex. 2 Sides of the apartment face very quiet, unlit roads, kind of like backstreets.

Personally i wouldn't have left my kids in there alone.

We spoke to some expats and they had been there for some years and were a bit sick of the unwanted attention the area got, all the stop signs had " STOP and then maddie circus" underneath spray painted on, some also told us how Mrs McCann was out jogging the morning after, she isn't particularly liked in Priai de Luz.

Any way, if you have an afternoon spare, the video is worth a watch.

Priai De Luz is a great place, we really enjoyed our visit and i think this sort of thing could happen anywhere, just unlucky the place is now known for the wrong reasons

I wonder if she was really out jogging the morning after. She could have been, and probably was, searching intently for her daughter. I don't think anecdotes like this can really be trusted. However, they tend to be magnified by constant repetition into 'facts'.

I wonder if she was really out jogging the morning after. She could have been, and probably was, searching intently for her daughter. I don't think anecdotes like this can really be trusted. However, they tend to be magnified by constant repetition into 'facts'.

Its common knowledge she went jogging the morning after (possibly meaning the morning after the initial news break), i didn't know until the guy i was speaking to told me.

She wasn't searching, she was dressed up in lycra jogging while everyone else in the town was checking there own bins and yards being questioned by the police, what sort of message would it send out, your checking your bins for a possible body for the mother to jog past

Edited by Mac_Plas

Its common knowledge she went jogging the morning after, i didn't know until the guy i was speaking to told me.

She wasn't searching, she was dressed up in lycra jogging while everyone else in the town was checking there own bins and yards being questioned by the police, what sort of message would it send out, your checking your bins for a possible body for the mother to jog past

As I've said on this thread, I find their behaviour bizarre in the extreme, but how can any of us know how we'd act if our child was kidnapped? Perhaps she couldn't cope with waiting and hoping for news so went for a run to help clear her head? Or perhaps she'd killed her own child and went for a run because she's a complete sociopath? Noone knows except her but there are 2 sides to everything.

Its common knowledge she went jogging the morning after, i didn't know until the guy i was speaking to told me.

I don't believe she went jogging the morning after. It may well be 'common knowledge' but common knowledge is not always true.

This is her journal entry from the 14th of May (Madeline went missing on May 3rd)..

"MONDAY, MAY 14: I slept well last night after a not very good end of the day, frustration with the FLO (Portuguese police family liaison officer) asking me where would my little M be.

I got up at 06.50. I dealt with some trifles and got myself ready for the statement to the press at 08.00.

I tried to put on a slightly more presentable and 'healthy' air. Gerry again gave a great performance.

Following on we answered about four questions. I almost responded to the first one asking how we were, but I didn't. I did answer a question on our possible return home. I replied that obviously I didn't even think about that. Anyway, it seemed to have gone well. After breakfast and our having left S and A, (twins Sean and Amelie, then aged two) we went to church to pray in silence. Very good, calming.

After getting back I decided to go running' for the first time since THE day (already 11 days ago). I knew that it was going to be physically difficult, but I also knew that I wasn't going to give up, because it was for Madeleine and also because the level of pain is far higher now.

No cameras or journalists, which was great. I went running towards the beach and then along it and again climbed that hill so steep 'without stopping! (I carried a photo of M in my hand to keep me going.) On the last hill past the tennis courts my legs completely weak, but I managed to keep myself walking. I managed to reach the apartment then time to stop' to think' I felt really quite calm."

This states she went running for the first time 11 days after Madeline's disappearance. Her journal entry from the 4th of May can be read here..

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/19-Sep8/NOTW-14-09-08.htm

It does not mention jogging, but says she was out searching from 6.00am.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do find some of the behaviour from Kate and Gerry to be odd, and I think they are somewhat responsible for what happened for leaving her alone, but that does't mean everything you hear is true.