Madeleine McCann investigation

Massively, massively prejudiced statement, that's plain wrong. I'm kind of hoping it was sarcasm! :)

James Bulger's mum left him outside a shop from where he was taken. Not posh, not hugely educated.

I'm in a similar social and educational category as the McCanns, and I think what they did was hideous (not to mention fictional - just my view). I would never leave my daughter alone like they did. It's just wrong.

For a child to wander slightly away from his mother on a shopping trip to leaving very, very young children unattended while you go for your night out are totally different scenarios.

For a child to wander slightly away from his mother on a shopping trip to leaving very, very young children unattended while you go for your night out are totally different scenarios.

They said it was like having a Barbie with the kid s upstairs,ok yes.at Chatsworth.

I live literally a minutes walk away from our local shop. When mine were little it was a pain to get them both ready just to nip round for a loaf or whatever but Id never have dreamt of leaving them.

Not because I was scared theyd be abducted (that probably never entered my head) but what if they woke up and were scared? What if one fell or got sick?

There are loads of reasons why you should never leave little children alone.

The McCanns were stupid, naive and maybe a bit arrogant, but theyve paid the ultimate price for their terrible error of judgement.

I live literally a minutes walk away from our local shop. When mine were little it was a pain to get them both ready just to nip round for a loaf or whatever but Id never have dreamt of leaving them.

Not because I was scared theyd be abducted (that probably never entered my head) but what if they woke up and were scared? What if one fell or got sick?

There are loads of reasons why you should never leave little children alone.

The McCanns were stupid, naive and maybe a bit arrogant, but theyve paid the ultimate price for their terrible error of judgement.

That was always my view, the other two children were even younger and anything could have happened to them that would have caused distress, I would have gone no further than the apaertment patio and then doors etc would have been left open to enable them to be heard.

Whoevers fault it was the McCannes are forever frozen in time. They have paid the ultimate price !

Ultimate price? 3 babies left alone night after night in an unlocked apartment, while their parents dined in the gated tapas bar area. Boy, some price!

Whoevers fault it was the McCannes are forever frozen in time. They have paid the ultimate price !

i do agree but in reality its, Madeleine, that has paid the ultimate price.

Ultimate price? 3 babies left alone night after night in an unlocked apartment, while their parents dined in the gated tapas bar area. Boy, some price!

I don't understand your point. You think there's a higher price - you think all three children should have disappeared?

• 4 months later...