Madeleine McCann investigation

Really? I'm a parent and have never done it. Perhaps we should set up a thread with a poll to see?

Just go abroad and you will see this happen all the time !!! British Parents every time , My natural mum lives in Spain where this is common practice really

Just go abroad and you will see this happen all the time !!! British Parents every time , My natural mum lives in Spain where this is common practice really

You wouldn't know it happens unless you are creeping into rooms to see if they have left their children alone...

I've been abroad many times with my parents when I was younger, this never happened to me and my brother, any friends we have gone with or people we have met while over there. It can't be "common practice" if 99% of people on here said it's never happened to them or people they know.

I don't deny it does not happen, I'm sure it does but I don't think it's as common as you're saying it does.

I've been abroad many times with my parents when I was younger, this never happened to me and my brother, any friends we have gone with or people we have met while over there. It can't be "common practice" if 99% of people on here said it's never happened to them or people they know.

I don't deny it does not happen, I'm sure it does but I don't think it's as common as you're saying it does.

you see both mum and Dad sat in bars !! so where are the kids especially after the kids clubs close , I saw when I visited my mum who runs a small complex so is involved in booking babysitters ! several parents will book the sitter and most don't they take it in turns to pop back to check on their children .

Last year I was lucky enough to go to Sharm el-Sheikh where I saw British people do the same , Its not wise to do this and i would never do this but it does seem that we British do this , I have never seen a German? Swiss etc do this for instance !!!

you see both mum and Dad sat in bars !!

How do you know these people have got kids ? and if they have, then how do you know the grandparents or another family member are not staying in while mum and dad have an hour or two alone with a nice drink ?

How do you know these people have got kids ? and if they have, then how do you know the grandparents or another family member are not staying in while mum and dad have an hour or two alone with a nice drink ?

Its my mums complex we know who we have booked in and see them in the bar outside !! kids are booked into the childrens clubs etc , Grandparents are also sat out !!!

So they're in official children's clubs and not alone in apartments? I'm getting a little confused.

It's easy..all British parents abandon their kids on holiday because a few that go to teeny's complex do...simple really isn't it.. oh,and no other nationality do it..