Last meal? yours?

To start something light like calamari so I have enough space for loads of Beef Wellington, medium rare and using wagyu fillet, accompanied with chunky sweet potato and white potato wedges (seasoned with salt, pepper and rosemary), peas, roast parsnip, roast carrot and devils sauce.

Dessert would have to be some form of death by chocolate.

jb

yesterday, my mate's kid, who is a trainee chef, made a sunday dinner par exellence (if you'll forgive the poncy phrase) - roast chicken with superb crispy skin and succulent moist flesh, garlic and herb roast taters, glazed roast parsnips and carrots, butter beans in a buttery white sauce, savoy cabbage, yorky puddings and white wine gravy. it was absolutely, completely, utterly chuffin' gorgeous. followed up with a sticky toffee pudding and cream. had to go to bed afterwards (I was also a bit drunk by the end) to sleep it off.

oh, the starter was fried scallops with rocket leaves and lemon dressing by the way.

if I was never to eat again, that would have done me proud.

Archived