Pain Inside My Ears

I have one of those, what about putting ear drops or olive oil inside it?

The infection will most likely be in the inner ear, the ear drum separates the two.

Olive oil only softens the wax in the outer ear, it doesn't pass through the ear drum to where the infection is.

Antibiotics are whats needed to treat the infection, if you can't get to see a GP on sat (are any even open?) then ring NHS direct, there maybe a walk-in clinic or they may direct you to A&E.

Make sure you get it sorted early tho, you don't wanna be hanging around A&E in the late afternoon/evening when the drunks start wondering in.

If you need a prescription filling and are struggling to find an open chemist at the weekend then the Wicker chemist opens late and on weekends.

Thanks for the advice' date=' I only have paracetamol and ibuprofen to use, which one is best?[/quote']

You can take both together. Probably best to take the paracetamol first and if the pain is still there in a couple of hours take the ibuprofen, or vice versa. It just keeps the pain relief at a more manageable level. Better than taking both at the same time and having to wait longer for the next dose. Hope you get some sleep. Earache is on a par with toothache. Pure agony.

Just got a massive pain inside my right ear, like someone has poked a rod right through it.

My left ear is fine but my right ear has become very soar, I can not even press inside it.

Any ideas what this could be? :help:

We can rule out that your brain is expanding.

If it is sore to touch and you have had the pain you described, it sounds to me like an ear infection, don't put anything in that could make it worse, get it checked out, antibiotics like amoxicillin are generally used to treat it. Olive oil will only treat a build up of earwax to soften it.

Correct ! ....................

---------- Post added 26-10-2013 at 00:41 ----------

Just got a massive pain inside my right ear, like someone has poked a rod right through it.

My left ear is fine but my right ear has become very soar, I can not even press inside it.

Any ideas what this could be? :help:

If the pain is still there tommorow go to The Walk in Centre.

Archived