Change of career needed

i'm currently working as a valet and have been for quite a few years but i'm wanting to train for a differnet job.

i've offen wanted to get my forklift licence as i have worked in warehousing a few times before but doing the job i do now i've never really had the opportunity to do so.

i started life working in an office doing admin work and i have an nvq in business start up aswell as other qualifications like tyre and exhaust fitting but i really want to get out of valeting and do something i'd enjoy more.

i'm just wanting to know if anyone knows how i would go about this and whether there is any free courses OR if there is funding available for re-training

The first thing I'd say is do something you're interested in. Secondly, there are issues around, age mobility/health and financial support. Are you young enough to learn a new skill and able to afford less income whilst retraining? There is always a need for trades people such as electricians and plumbers etc. If you're looking for a quick fix the chances are that you're going to struggle

i'm 35 on wednesday so i thought that i'm getting towards that age were i need to be happy in the job i do as i'll struggle in later years to change careers.

i've always quite wanted my forklift truck licence and thought there might be a warehouse that would take me on and train me up at the same time. i've always been a hands on kind of bloke and never really liked the office side of things

After 30 years as a joiner, I decided i needed change. I was lucky enough to get a caretakers job in a sheffield school, best move I ever made. Good luck to you if you decide to retrain.

i'm currently working as a valet and have been for quite a few years but i'm wanting to train for a differnet job.

i've offen wanted to get my forklift licence as i have worked in warehousing a few times before but doing the job i do now i've never really had the opportunity to do so.

i started life working in an office doing admin work and i have an nvq in business start up aswell as other qualifications like tyre and exhaust fitting but i really want to get out of valeting and do something i'd enjoy more.

i'm just wanting to know if anyone knows how i would go about this and whether there is any free courses OR if there is funding available for re-training

Find something you are good at. now charge people for you to do it.

i'm 35 on wednesday so i thought that i'm getting towards that age were i need to be happy in the job i do as i'll struggle in later years to change careers.

i've always quite wanted my forklift truck licence and thought there might be a warehouse that would take me on and train me up at the same time. i've always been a hands on kind of bloke and never really liked the office side of things

My advice

1. Go on the dole.

2. They'll fund your forklift truck licence.

3. Profit.

Archived