Ban Waitrose to give the yoof a chance?

Is it not the case that Waitrose are an expensive shop, therefore they tend to be built in more affluent areas where house prices are already high?

You're not going to get a Waitrose down Parson Cross or up the Manor, but you might get one in Dore or Whirlow subject to planning permission.

I quite like popping into the Waitrose on Ecclesall Road, they offer alternatives to the other big supermarkets and the quality is usually good. I wouldn't do my weekly shop there though, because I just couldn't afford it on my wages.

Regards

Doom

But then where would I buy by rose harissa and lark tongues in aspic?

I buy baked beans from Waitrose. It's rather a nice place and not much different from any other supermarket apart from less of the half eaten pork pies that have been put back on the shelf than ASDA.

The best bit is they do a price match anyhow. So you can shop there without bumping into a load of scrubbers and if they charge you any more than Tesco you can claim it back.

What do you think?
That you should start from the top, with Harrods and Fortnum and Mason, and let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Alternatively, that you should stop scraping the barrel of likely arguments for your housing threads, as this one is bordering on outright stupidity.

Archived