Ban Waitrose to give the yoof a chance?

No, blame it on the boogie.

Or the moonlight...

Have we the right to buy such luxuries when no-one can afford a roof over their head?

Yes, it's my money, I earned it and I'll choose where I spend it. If I choose to give to charity then I'll do that, if I choose to burn it in a bonfire then I'll do that.

That you should start from the top, with Harrods and Fortnum and Mason, and let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Alternatively, that you should stop scraping the barrel of likely arguments for your housing threads, as this one is bordering on outright stupidity.

I didn't suggest waitrose increased house prices, estate agents did. I am pointing out the stupidity of their argument, by suggesting we ban waitrose to make housing affordable.

Well Waitrose is hardly in an affluent area in Sheffield is it? Bottom of London Road !!!

It's Ecclesall Road. They didn't build it either, they got it cheap when Safeway went bust, so they had less choice of location than for stores they build themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24629300

The UK is a nation of estate agents, we are apparently rich because we get into lots of debt to sell piles of bricks held together by mouldy wallpaper to each other.

Some estate agents reckon waitrose increase housing costs by merely existing.

We all know housing is a complete and utter rip off, with it's value artificially inflated by a landowning elite who control our government.

So perhaps we should ban waitrose to force prices down and give the yoof a chance?

What do you think?

I think you need to get out (not more, just at all)

I didn't suggest waitrose increased house prices, estate agents did. I am pointing out the stupidity of their argument, by suggesting we ban waitrose to make housing affordable.
Still a completely illogical proposition all the same.

Since you can't ban stupidity, you should be wanting to ban EAs instead. I might even find it in me to support you on that, as well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24629300

The UK is a nation of estate agents, we are apparently rich because we get into lots of debt to sell piles of bricks held together by mouldy wallpaper to each other.

Some estate agents reckon waitrose increase housing costs by merely existing.

We all know housing is a complete and utter rip off, with it's value artificially inflated by a landowning elite who control our government.

So perhaps we should ban waitrose to force prices down and give the yoof a chance?

What do you think?

People who live in affluent areas dont want Aldi or Lidl on their doorstep lowering the tone of the leafy neighbourhood do they . ? Waitrose open stores in areas where people have money ,obviously . they arnt going to open on a council estate are they . ?

Archived