Ban Waitrose to give the yoof a chance?

People who live in affluent areas dont want Aldi or Lidl on their doorstep lowering the tone of the leafy neighbourhood do they . ? Waitrose open stores in areas where people have money ,obviously . they arnt going to open on a council estate are they . ?

But I've also come across lots of rich educated people mostly with left wing political beliefs denying their privileged backgrounds pretending to be poor.

And as Happ hazard has pointed out lots of insecure poor people who aspire to 'look' rich.

I say just get on with life and be yourself, be honest with everyone, then everyone will respect you more regardless of your income or background than trying to be something you're not.

It's Ecclesall Road. They didn't build it either, they got it cheap when Safeway went bust, so they had less choice of location than for stores they build themselves.

Nope. Safeway was taken-over by Morrisons; the latter was ordered (by Competition Commission, I think) to sell-off shops too near to its existing ones. Hence the shop came on the market and Waitrose bought it. Nothing wrong with that procedure, surely?

Nope. Safeway was taken-over by Morrisons; the latter was ordered (by Competition Commission, I think) to sell-off shops too near to its existing ones. Hence the shop came on the market and Waitrose bought it. Nothing wrong with that procedure, surely?

Was it opened as a morrisons before waitrose bought it then?

If people cannot afford the houses then the prices will go down.

In a free market maybe, but we do not have a free market when it comes to housing.

People aren't free to build their own and they haven't been free to do so for 525 years.

Archived