Need some advice and no jokes!

One of my friends was in a bad state a year ago and she recently been given a flat up at batemoor. She doesn't feel safe to live there on her own, there have been mugging an robberies in the area. Youths that hang around on her block. When she walks out she gets harrassed by guys etc, racial abuse etc. she hardly gets outs of the flat or she's hardly there because she scared that something might happend

Can anybody give advice on what she should do to move? I feel for her safety.

I can't imagine why anyone would joke about her situation, it's not a laughing matter.

One piece of good advice I've learned through experience is to write down everything that's relevant to her situation. Such as what manes she's been called, on what days, times etc.

I know it seems a small matter, but councils and housing associations ask for this information as a matter of course.

Would a self-defence and /or confidence-building course help?

The more she stays in the more her confidence will diminish. Can she ask people to call for her at her home to start with, when she goes out, so she has someone to walk down the street with?

I can't imagine why anyone would joke about her situation, it's not a laughing matter.

One piece of good advice I've learned through experience is to write down everything that's relevant to her situation. Such as what manes she's been called, on what days, times etc.

I know it seems a small matter, but councils and housing associations ask for this information as a matter of course.

I have asked her to write a letter to council about the situation and also to the local MP. So fingers crossed they might do something about it

Archived