If Scotland was independent..

What's the point in having mid day at 1pm rather than 12pm? Is that what you call progress?

It makes more sense to use GMT so that 12 is mid day with roughly equal amounts of daylight either side.

So you think it would be a good idea for it come light at about 2.40am in summer?

Funnily enough I'm not that old, I bet we're about same age :) plus I have no idea why cars invented I cannot drive.

Are you old enough to remember when we tried UTC+1 in winter and UTC+2 in summer (1968 -71)? Except we called it GMT instead of UTC back then.

I thought it was brilliant having that extra hour of daylight in the evening when you could really use it.

The only promise of this current government that I supported was the bid to go back to "double summertime", but they dropped it shortly after getting into power.

All the studies show that there would be benefits in saving energy and less road accidents with 'double summertime'. I really wish we could adopt it. It was used during WW2 in order to save energy.

What's the point in having mid day at 1pm rather than 12pm? Is that what you call progress?

It makes more sense to use GMT so that 12 is mid day with roughly equal amounts of daylight either side.

Why does it? Why do we need the sun coming up before most people are out of the house?

The argument is that there's more light after work which people can use to exercise in the park etc.

People do more in the summer when it's light after work.

Are you old enough to remember when we tried UTC+1 in winter and UTC+2 in summer (1968 -71)? Except we called it GMT instead of UTC back then.

I thought it was brilliant having that extra hour of daylight in the evening when you could really use it.

The only promise of this current government that I supported was the bid to go back to "double summertime", but they dropped it shortly after getting into power.

All the studies show that there would be benefits in saving energy and less road accidents with 'double summertime'. I really wish we could adopt it. It was used during WW2 in order to save energy.

Yes I am born in 58, but no matter what the do Nagel they'll never please all mate.

I think they become one of the richest countries in the world GDP per capita with all that north sea oil.

How so. Are they going to take over several major oil companies, whose T/O combined would outstrip Scotland's GDP and all this with no army, navy or air-force? I doubt it.

How so. Are they going to take over several major oil companies, whose T/O combined would outstrip Scotland's GDP and all this with no army, navy or air-force? I doubt it.

Any revenues from north sea oil that is being paid to the UK government would then go to the scottish government.

And if the oil is in international waters then it all goes through Aberdeen etc anyway

Forget about the Oil.

The islands, Hebrides + Orkney + Shetland are all solidly pro UK and will not be part of an Independent Scotland.

And they have threatenend to go it alone and claim their right to the oil fields in their waters..

Archived