Five charged with terrorism offences

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24721737

apparently 5 people with sympathies with irish republicanism have been charged with terrorism offences in scotland

After the operation last week, Police Scotland said it had focused on the "activities of individuals sympathetic to dissident Republicanism but who are not affiliated to any specific group".

Makes a change for it to be none Muslims being charged with terrorist offences.

I guess you must be about 10 years old to come out with something like that.

Oddly enough, terrorism did exist before 2001. Ask your daddy to tell you about the IRA in the 1970s and 80s.

Moderator Message:

Please. This thread is in it's infancy, and already there are personal insults flying about. Either discuss the topic, or don't post on here. It's surely not a difficult concept?

Thank you for your cooperation folks.

Pete

Peer Gynt. Not particularly knowledgeable about the 'Irish Problem' are you? Try Googling 'Dublin & Monaghan bombings 17 May 1974.

These were carried out by a UVF unit which was totally infiltrated by an undercover SAS unit & the expertise used in making & detonating the bombs was down to them.

In 1993 Yorkshire TV did an investigation into the bombings & several high ranking British officers gave their opinion that that was what happened.

Peer Gynt. Not particularly knowledgeable about the 'Irish Problem' are you? Try Googling 'Dublin & Monaghan bombings 17 May 1974.

These were carried out by a UVF unit which was totally infiltrated by an undercover SAS unit & the expertise used in making & detonating the bombs was down to them.

In 1993 Yorkshire TV did an investigation into the bombings & several high ranking British officers gave their opinion that that was what happened.

I have a nephew who was in the army and worked alongside the SAS in Northern Ireland.

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 16:24 ----------

Moderator Message:

Please. This thread is in it's infancy, and already there are personal insults flying about. Either discuss the topic, or don't post on here. It's surely not a difficult concept?

Thank you for your cooperation folks.

Pete

I fully agree but as far as I can see there is an offensive reply by Vague_Boy that has been allowed to stand.

I have a nephew who was in the army and worked alongside the SAS in Northern Ireland.

Maybe so, but it didn't prevent you posting earlier that 'It was a great pity that we didn't send people over to Dublin to plant a few bombs' did it?

A remark which I found disgusting. For your information of the 33 who died in those bombings several were children & also included was a woman who was nine months pregnant, her baby died also but was not counted amongst the dead.

Archived