Pubs in Sheffield that play music too loud for conversation

Roger123W

My girlfriend likes the music they play in The Henry Bessemer, a lot of good old R&B stuff. Sometimes they don't play it loud enough.

I have to agree here, they do play some wonderful old R&B and it isnt load enough, when I pop in tonight I may ask them if they can turn it up, which I am sure, will infuriate Roger123W :P

Hear hear, The George in Woodhouse has very loud music on & drowns conversation some like it, lots don't I now prefer to go to a pub to sit & have a nice chat.

Pete

you just have to cross the road to the Stag for great conversation and great music that's not too loud. there are four rooms to go into. the disco room if you like your music at an enjoyable volume. the middle room if you want to hear the sounds but chat with your friends. the back room where the sounds reach at background level, this room will soon feature a pool table too.

(players needed for league matches soon)

then, there is the tap room with sports tv which can be quite peaceful even when the disco is on.

this friday is halloween fancy dress with karaoke disco and promises to be a great night. get in early if you want to scream.....er...sorry, sing!

saturday is karaoke disco with soul, motown, 80's and cheesey gems mixed in.

8.30 til midnight sharp.

everyone is welcome but the entertainment is more for over 25's.

Richard and Kat are the new owners of the Stag and are doing sterling work keeping the pub in great order and attracting much better clientelle than this house has endured in the past.

what you waiting for? see you soon!

DJ Shiny Shane. :D

As pleasant as a piano playing in a pub may be on a Sunday lunch time, the piano is simply too loud in Brown's and you have to raise your voice just to chat across the table.

If they put some carpet beneath the piano I'm sure that would absorb and thus deaden the sound. As I say, in principle it's pleasant but it's just too loud!

As pleasant as a piano playing in a pub may be on a Sunday lunch time, the piano is simply too loud in Brown's and you have to raise your voice just to chat across the table.

If they put some carpet beneath the piano I'm sure that would absorb and thus deaden the sound. As I say, in principle it's pleasant but it's just too loud!

dennis the piano player is a regular at the railway on halifax road.

biggest problem with pianists (careful!) is that the tunes they play are only recognisable to a particular age group, half of whom are pushing up the daisies now.

they should learn more recent tunes that some of us 50 year olds can sing along to.

all out of love - air supply

it must be love - madness

someone like you - adele

you get the idea.

Archived