Ship Inn Shalesmoor

Janus

So, I've just received a few pics from inside at funny angles for my benefit. you can't see much of the seating areas mind you but if anyone would like to see them I'll share over a private message as I don't want to get caught out.

@TJC1 I'm only doing what I've been asked to do lol there's only 6 boards and 1 6ft by 5ft wall to do ;)

@norbert I'll find out about the pool table for you.

Well me and my dog trotted along there last night with SpiderPete and we tried to have a squint in the windows but all I could see was a really modern metal top bar and some modern things - not really sure if that will sit well with such a lovely old historic pub ... I do hope they have kept the 1970s or is it 1870s wallpaper and interiors !!:love:

Well me and my dog trotted along there last night with SpiderPete and we tried to have a squint in the windows but all I could see was a really modern metal top bar and some modern things - not really sure if that will sit well with such a lovely old historic pub ... I do hope they have kept the 1970s or is it 1870s wallpaper and interiors !!:love:

It is absolutely tragic isn't it.

If you go to Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, London and pretty much any other city in England they have loads of historic pubs with very old interiors.

All we have in Sheffield is bare freshly plastered or bare brick interiors in opened out pubs that used to have lots of lovely partitions and rooms full of character and history.

It is a crying shame.

It is absolutely tragic isn't it.

If you go to Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, London and pretty much any other city in England they have loads of historic pubs with very old interiors.

All we have in Sheffield is bare freshly plastered or bare brick interiors in opened out pubs that used to have lots of lovely partitions and rooms full of character and history.

It is a crying shame.

I remember going to The Grapes for political meetings, Lots of small rooms and alcoves, sadly all knocked through during the 90's.

I love going to London, the prices might be eye watering but there are plenty of places with genuine character.....and some are Sam Smiths pubs which means a cheap night out.

I notice the new sign hung up proclaims it as an 'Artisan Tap'. Very Thirnbridge looking as well. So if their basic offering is Greene King and Stancill you can be sure I'll be having words. Because, however good, or bad, a pub interior is, it can't make up for a poor beer selection. Which is usually what you get in these 'heritage'pubs.

I notice the new sign hung up proclaims it as an 'Artisan Tap'. Very Thirnbridge looking as well. So if their basic offering is Greene King and Stancill you can be sure I'll be having words. Because, however good, or bad, a pub interior is, it can't make up for a poor beer selection. Which is usually what you get in these 'heritage'pubs.

Artisan Tap eh, what a name. Presumably these guys https://www.facebook.com/Artisantapvenues

From the pictures of the Tap & Barrel in Pontefract, it reminds me of DaDa.

Artisan Tap eh, what a name. Presumably these guys https://www.facebook.com/Artisantapvenues

From the pictures of the Tap & Barrel in Pontefract, it reminds me of DaDa.

Ah yes. That's it. Thanks. Definitely looks like this chain. Well, at least they have decent, if rather generic, bottled beer - from what I can see of their FaceSpace page anyway. Will be worth calling in to see if it's worth adding to the Kelham crawl - considering KIT and Fat Cat are now not part of mine.