Ship Inn Shalesmoor

Janus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've personally been asked to do some work on this pub ready for its relaunch. I've been told by the BDM that it will be reopen towards the end of the month. The pub company that have took it on is called Hawthorne Leisure. They have a pub in Pontefract which I've also done work for and it looks like it could be heading down the same route selling craft beers and artisan products. I know for a fact they are having the likes of Brooklyn lager in there.

I'm just wondering if the work I'm going to be doing there will suit the place :rolleyes:

Hi,

I've personally been asked to do some work on this pub ready for its relaunch. I've been told by the BDM that it will be reopen towards the end of the month. The pub company that have took it on is called Hawthorne Leisure. They have a pub in Pontefract which I've also done work for and it looks like it could be heading down the same route selling craft beers and artisan products. I know for a fact they are having the likes of Brooklyn lager in there.

I'm just wondering if the work I'm going to be doing there will suit the place :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

It looks like a welcome addition to the craft ale scene.

........and Real Ale too I hope.

I'm not sure about the difference between the two, I go on taste.

There is a dispute supporters of the two and painting yourself as one or the other may put off those of a differing opinion.

CAMERA have a definition what 'real ale' is.

Anyone know a definition of 'Craft Ale'?

I'm pretty sure there will be real ale on tap, the likes of dogfish DNA. I'm not sure what the true definition of craft ale is to be fair. I was privileged to the beer menu in Pontefract and the craft bottled beers came under various headings like pale, ipa, plis, lager, golden etc. When I manage to get in there I will take a few sneaky pics of what its looking like and will share.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 14:09 ----------

And if anyone would like to help me out? I know about this pub as I'm doing the chalkboard signage. What I've been asked to do is come up with some Sayings in Sheffield dialect....above the bar like, "get thee Sen a beer"........."this way t' toilet" etc etc anyone have an idea of the correct idea of saying and how it's spelt or even more sayings that would fit a pub environment.

Thanks in advance

........and Real Ale too I hope.

I'm not sure about the difference between the two, I go on taste.

There is a dispute supporters of the two and painting yourself as one or the other may put off those of a differing opinion.

CAMERA have a definition what 'real ale' is.

Anyone know a definition of 'Craft Ale'?

There isn't an agreed definition of 'craft beer'. Which is why the likes of Greene King can get away with tag lines such as 'Crafted for the Moment'. Anyone who knows me knows I have a particular problem with Greene King in this area. After all just look at their IPA. It isn't Indian. It isn't Pale. And to be honest it's barely 'Ale' either.

But I do rather like this article on craft beer, if youre really interested:

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Drinks/Beer/Craft-beer-explained

Needless to say, anything mass produced by the likes of Greene King, Marstons, Coors etc is NOT craft beer. Thing is you probably need to include brewers such as AbInBev in this, who took over one of my favourite brewers, Goose Island. So it's not always so cut and dry.

The definition of real ale is beer that has gone through secondary fermentation in the container (be that cask, keg, bottle) and is dispensed without the addition of gas.

Craft beer doesn't have a definition in the UK - however it is generally taken as beer that is brewed on a small scale with quality ingredients by someone that cares.

Most real ales also qualify as craft beer on that basis, but the tag is generally used for the better quality keg beers that because they are served fizzy don't qualify as real ale.

I'm pretty sure there will be real ale on tap, the likes of dogfish DNA. I'm not sure what the true definition of craft ale is to be fair. I was privileged to the beer menu in Pontefract and the craft bottled beers came under various headings like pale, ipa, plis, lager, golden etc. When I manage to get in there I will take a few sneaky pics of what its looking like and will share.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 14:09 ----------

And if anyone would like to help me out? I know about this pub as I'm doing the chalkboard signage. What I've been asked to do is come up with some Sayings in Sheffield dialect....above the bar like, "get thee Sen a beer"........."this way t' toilet" etc etc anyone have an idea of the correct idea of saying and how it's spelt or even more sayings that would fit a pub environment.

Thanks in advance

This beer is wattered darn