Identity theft, what about collections agencies?

Identity theft, a crpa time huh?

It was my name, addy and bank account (confirmed after surprise letters from T-Mobile and EE letters regarding new mobile phone contract accounts taken out) a few weeks ago, but I immediately reported them to -

1. My bank

2. The police (crime numbers taken)

3. Action Fraud

I also rang the companies involved (who thankfully believed me) and changed my bank card, but now have those companies' collection agencies after ''me''? I have [one of each of] their letters here.

What do I do now?

Identity theft, a crpa time huh?

It was my name, addy and bank account (confirmed after surprise letters from T-Mobile and EE letters regarding new mobile phone contract accounts taken out) a few weeks ago, but I immediately reported them to -

1. My bank

2. The police (crime numbers taken)

3. Action Fraud

I also rang the companies involved (who thankfully believed me) and changed my bank card, but now have those companies' collection agencies after ''me''? I have [one of each of] their letters here.

What do I do now?

Let them take you to court, It will be an interesting day out!

Shouldn't I try to contact them, or something?

You should inform them of the facts which will then show that you've done what is required of you, if they continue to pester/threaten you they could be the ones who find themselves paying out for distress.

Archived