Should We Bring in Birching?

It has been well proven by penologists that capital and corporal punishment have no deterrent effect. *

Strange, then, that criminal organisations still seem to depend on it.

When will the crime bosses realise that threatening folk with beatings or death doesn't work?

* "For scientists, who ought to know

"Assure us that this must be so?

It has been well proven by penologists that capital and corporal punishment have no deterrent effect. *

Strange, then, that criminal organisations still seem to depend on it.

When will the crime bosses realise that threatening folk with beatings or death doesn't work?

* "For scientists, who ought to know

"Assure us that this must be so?

are you saying that mafia hits prevent crime?

are you saying that mafia hits prevent crime?
If I may, no I don't think that is jfish1936's point at all.

Seems to me his point is that corporal punishment is integral to criminal organisations, as a deterrent against "anti-" organisation behaviour (break the gang rules = get a beating).

Admittedly, the context given by the first part of his post makes the entire post ambiguous about whether it should be taken as a pro- or anti- opinion about the OP's question :|

If I may, no I don't think that is jfish1936's point at all.

Seems to me his point is that corporal punishment is integral to criminal organisations, as a deterrent against "anti-" organisation behaviour (break the gang rules = get a beating).

Admittedly, the context given by the first part of his post makes the entire post ambiguous about whether it should be taken as a pro- or anti- opinion about the OP's question :|

I think that the police should hire criminal enforcers to work in communities, anyone being bad gets battered a couple times - if that doesn't work - 2 in the head 1 in the heart - result = ZERO CRIME

why stop at birching - benefit claimants could be put in the stocks, replace ASBOs with the ducking stool, baddies who refuse to cough could be put on the rack till they sing like canaries, really bad baddies could be put in the iron maiden &, for the best fun, we could build a huge pendulum with a razor like axe blade that lowers slightly with each swing towards a terrified bad person strapped beneath.

with these simple measures I guarantee a crime free society within 6-12 weeks

Except while benefit claimants get put in the stocks, white collar criminals like tax evaders walk away scot free...but then according to some on here tax evasion is not only a victimless crime, but perfectly reasonable :rolleyes:

Except while benefit claimants get put in the stocks, white collar criminals like tax evaders walk away scot free...but then according to some on here tax evasion is not only a victimless crime, but perfectly reasonable :rolleyes:

there won't be any claimants, they'll all be employed as birchers, it will lead to the end of crime and full employment.

as we walk home through barkers pool, hundreds of baddies will be being whipped, birched, cat o nine tailed and crucified all around. it'll be even better than iran or saudi or taliban controlled areas.

Here we go again!............lets turn the thread into a different subject to suit the posters leftie ideology.

Here we go again!............lets turn the thread into a different subject to suit the posters leftie ideology.

too right carol , that mr M is a pinko do goodie isn't he - the real question is whether we should start getting 'rough' with the baddies & no rational person could argue with that. note -

in 1672 when 'hung drawn and quartered' was ended and replaced with just hanging, the murder rate rose by nearly 400% in 3 years.

when torture was abolished the confession rate dropped by about 80% OVERNIGHT -

When deportation to australia ended, the crime rate in aus plummeted and ours rocketed.

The murder rate in the UK is now the 6th highest in the world - it's time to stop pussy footing and GET REAL

why stop at birching - benefit claimants could be put in the stocks, replace ASBOs with the ducking stool, baddies who refuse to cough could be put on the rack till they sing like canaries, really bad baddies could be put in the iron maiden &, for the best fun, we could build a huge pendulum with a razor like axe blade that lowers slightly with each swing towards a terrified bad person strapped beneath.

with these simple measures I guarantee a crime free society within 6-12 weeks

go and have a look at singapore before you start spouting outdated bleeding heart student garbage like that,

I know some of the liberal lefties will start to talk about human rights,

Regards

Doom

It depends how you define a "liberal leftie"

Does it only have to be someone affiliated to one political group that cares about human rights? I don't think so.

Caring about human rights and not wishing to see a return to birching is not condoning criminals, or lacking feelings of compassion for victims and their families as some people seem to imply.

Archived