Fuel Tips For Consumers

So, these outdated electrical cables, how do you expect electricity to be delivered to people's houses in a cost effective way? I mean yes you can do charge phones etc over short distances but it's not the same.

Same question holds for gas pipes, how else do you expect gas to be delivered to homes? Daily deliveries of cannisters?

And if you think nuclear power is outdated and dangerous you need to think again.

If anyone has ever heard of The Venus Project, this way of thinking should be at the forefront of human existence, not wars, politics or greed. I also think that bill payers should go on to token meters, pay as you go is the only way to hit these fuel providers hard, once they have no way to enforce bills and laws, you will be better off, like pay as you go for mobiles, no contracts, just free to do what you want.

machines.QUOTE]

Receiving energy via the token meter system is more expensive than the conventional quarterly system. The meter takes an amount of cash off your credit every day that amounts to more than what the quarterly amount would be. Also, they do indeed still have the same ability to chase a customer around the block for none payment. The account has to be in someone`s name.

If you go away for a few weeks the meter continues to debit the daily amount and goes in to debit status.

I looked up the Venus Project.

I was put off by :

"Give us Money so we can make a better movie"

Sorry, I'd have preferred more detail about all the clever devices for cars etc. in the original post.

How much solar energy falls on a car in the UK? (year round average, not just 5 days in mid-year)

How many miles does that correspond to? With passengers and baggage?

Solar doesn't really drive a practical vehicle here in Queensland -- yes, a special lightweight, with minimal crew; not me, wife, two teenage grandkids and 50 Kg luggage.

If we park our car in the sun, lots of solar energy goes to making it HOT -- cook your baby in 15 minutes hot! Now the small solar cells I'm playing with generate electricity, but they get warm in the sun. Would my car's solar cells absorb enough heat to save me looking for undercover car parking?

A little message to all you log burners dont forget that all land is owned by someone and so is the wood that is on it,so if you dont want a criminal record for theft ask permission first or you could be in trouble,just saying.

Poppet won't ask for permission when it comes to her wood foraging. It's the danger of being caught that she likes.

How dare you speak on my behalf, you are not my husband.:o

Sadly that is true.

But good news about November the 5th where we can all go and stare at a bonfire, keeping warm and saving on our fuel bills.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 17:52 ----------

I've just remembered, it's November the 5th isn't it. Well I certainly won't be going out in the cold to stare at a bonfire but from my living room window the neighbours will probably have a nice display as usual so I'll sit with a glass of wine for 5 minutes and watch them shoot £500 in to the sky. A penny saved is a penny earned!

Archived