Nationalism and xenophobia' on rise ahead of European elections

Do you have an irrational dislike or fear people from other countries.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an irrational dislike or fear people from other countries.

like I said its not about culture, race they are, its about what they've done

But what if what they have done is unacceptable to you because of your culture but acceptable to him because of his culture? Are you a xenophobe for not tolerating his culture?

Could someone answer the question I posed to Mel above?

Is Mel a nationalist, xenophobic,racist because he will not tolerate the behaviour of someone from a different culture if it offends the beliefs of his culture? Where is the line? Is there a line? Are we all in fact nationalist, xenophobic, racists but to differing degrees? And if we are all nationalist, xenophobic, racists then how to be grade it and at what point is is bad?

It is very confusing. Can someone please help?

Could someone answer the question I posed to Mel above?

Is Mel a nationalist, xenophobic,racist because he will not tolerate the behaviour of someone from a different culture if it offends the beliefs of his culture? Where is the line? Is there a line? Are we all in fact nationalist, xenophobic, racists but to differing degrees? And if we are all nationalist, xenophobic, racists then how to be grade it and at what point is is bad?

It is very confusing. Can someone please help?

I suspect not :hihi:

---------- Post added 02-11-2013 at 17:46 ----------

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/02/ukip-nigel-farage_n_4199727.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Nigel Farage has demanded "we need a much more muscular defence of our Judaeo-Christian heritage," in a dramatic call ahead of his appearance in theatres up and down the country.

The Ukip leader is set to star in An Audience With … Nigel Farage, a stage performance featuring the MEP on a stage with only a table, a chair, and a bottle of wine as props.

"This will be your chance to see Nigel in the flesh and hear him explain why he believes UKIP can offer Britain a better future," a statement about the tour claims.

Farage thinks the tour will give him a chance to “explain who I am” and to “reach a new audience”.

But the Ukip leader has already received death threats ahead of his appearance in Buxton this evening.

Dangerous game this anti multi-cultural game...

Only everything he's ever said and done.

Like what? Its not much of an argument you're providing. Can you give some evidence? Does having a different political opinion to you justify childish name calling. Could he call you a name as well. Is that grown up? It just reduces the whole debate to play ground level.

I understand he was a successful business man. So he must have something about him. What have you ever achieved?

Like what? Its not much of an argument you're providing. Can you give some evidence? Does having a different political opinion to you justify childish name calling. Could he call you a name as well. Is that grown up? It just reduces the whole debate to play ground level.

I understand he was a successful business man. So he must have something about him. What have you ever achieved?

i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply from halibut on this ! hit and run merchant without any decent real argument! good point though what has he ever achieved?? nothing anywhere near Mr farage...... up the UKIP

Archived