Nationalism and xenophobia' on rise ahead of European elections

Do you have an irrational dislike or fear people from other countries.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an irrational dislike or fear people from other countries.

Personally, I have a perfectly rational fear of anyone who thinks they have a right to take away what I have worked hard for and what we made our own people die defending.

There is an enemy within this country that would see it destroyed just to spite people who work harder and do better than them.

I share your view.

I look forward to your unequivocal support for public sector workers as they try to defend the pensions that they have paid for and worked for. :rolleyes:

Or, maybe, you view my wealth as different to yours...

Public sector workers are welcome to the part of their pensions that they have contributed. It's the bit that I and everyone else have to pay for that I have a problem with. Why should people with little to no pension be forced to pay through the nose so that others can live the high life at their expense? The public sector in this country really isn't very good at what it does.

True tosspot.

How come you can call somebody a tosspot on here Halibut (even if not referring to another member), but if I were to call you a tosspot, which is what you are doing to somebody else, I will get a ban for it because you get all upset and use the report button.

I know this because I have tested it before when you called a public figure names, then when I used the same words directed at you, I got a ban for it. Just how do you curry favour on here?

Public sector workers are welcome to the part of their pensions that they have contributed. It's the bit that I and everyone else have to pay for that I have a problem with. Why should people with little to no pension be forced to pay through the nose so that others can live the high life at their expense? The public sector in this country really isn't very good at what it does.

You have ample opportunity to pay into your own pension fund.

Good employers will also contribute into your fund too.

---------- Post added 03-11-2013 at 00:18 ----------

How come you can call somebody a tosspot on here Halibut (even if not referring to another member), but if I were to call you a tosspot, which is what you are doing to somebody else, I will get a ban for it because you get all upset and use the report button.

I know this because I have tested it before when you called a public figure names, then when I used the same words directed at you, I got a ban for it. Just how do you curry favour on here?

Maybe he isn't quite as lacking in subtlety as you.

He might not be breaching the dupe rule too, if you know what I mean:)

I I I I I .... says it all

The way pensions work should be made equal for both sectors, the private sector pension needs to be made as good as the public sector. My oh's projected pension at the moment stands at £1050 p.a. after paying it for 27 years. He's a self employed subbie so didn't have the luxury of an employer contribution & also had to pay in when there was no work.

I share your view.

I look forward to your unequivocal support for public sector workers as they try to defend the pensions that they have paid for and worked for. :rolleyes:

i too share jims view, but i will never accept that public sector workers in anyway deserve the ludicrous pension pots they want and get, why the taxpayer has to bank roll this unaffordable luxury beats me!:roll: if you want a good pension pay for it yourself like me and millions of others:roll:

---------- Post added 03-11-2013 at 10:36 ----------

:hihi::hihi: you too? and how many others, like i said previously old fish face is a hit and run merchant with nothing to back him up except airy fairy opinions:roll:

---------- Post added 03-11-2013 at 10:39 ----------

Personally, I have a perfectly rational fear of anyone who thinks they have a right to take away what I have worked hard for and what we made our own people die defending.

There is an enemy within this country that would see it destroyed just to spite people who work harder and do better than them.

excellent post:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Which are more "gold plated"? Public sector pensions, or private sector pensions? Why should the public have to pay for pensions for public sector workers that they have no control or choice over? It's ridiculous. The public sector in this country is utter crap, terrible level of service for a high level of cost. Case in point, Sharon Shoesmith.

I share your view.

Sorry, but I'm with the other commentators who can see that the public sector is riven with incompetence, arrogance, lack of accountability and a contempt for the public that pay their wages.

Public sector pensions should be scrapped altogether. They are unfair, divisive and encourage corruption.

Archived