Who remembers Cairo Jax?

I was a Friday night regular circa 1987/88. Still have the drainpipe stay press, lemon kappa jumper and back perm!

Our regular run was Craisy Daisy, across the road to a bar which was part of the hotel behind Nat West on High Street, then Blue Bell and onto Cairo's.

Happy days..........

Jim:thumbsup:

I used to go there on an ad hoc basis. Cairos was always the cheesy chart room and Jax always used to be full of people who thought they were it. Aged 16, I thought it was brilliant. Whenever I hear Alexander O Neal, I think of there.

Got together with my (long term) ex there after a week of accidentally on purpose bumping into each other. We finally decided to go on a proper date (just the two of us meeting up in the daytime as opposed to getting drunk and having loads of mates around) after a night spent there. I remember "smooching" to Long Hot Summer by the Style Council with him.

Do people ever still smooch in cheesy clubs? (I don't go to those sorts of clubs anymore.)

A whole generation who don't know what True by Spandau Ballet meant. (Either I've pulled or I'll get me coat then!)

Sit Down by James and (I think) Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex always remind me of two hen-nights I went on that ended up in Cairo's :hihi: I know we were barn-dancing at the second one which makes me think Cotton Eye Joe - and on a week night :o Can't do that any more ;)

• 1 month later...

Went on a weekly basis in the early 90's to the student night (think it was a Wednesday), used to queue for hours to get in and the bouncers used to stand on your toes to see if your boots had steel toe caps.

Shame on you if you were one of the people who sat on the floor to James......

Cairo's was a fine place. Had a good few night in there.

I do remember one works outing when I get well merry and ended up with this fat and ugly woman. I never got over the photos being passed around.

How times move on, I'm fat and ugly now :D