Who remembers Cairo Jax?

Have lots of pics of us in there in the 80s with our big hair trying to look like Bananarama. We'd go in a few bars first, Silks and then in there. Linda Lusardi was once in Silks and all the guys were ogling her.

• 3 months later...
Have lots of pics of us in there in the 80s with our big hair trying to look like Bananarama. We'd go in a few bars first, Silks and then in there. Linda Lusardi was once in Silks and all the guys were ogling her.

Remember Linda Lusardi coming to Silks/Cairos twice. Got to chat to her quite a bit as i was working there as a DJ at the time. She came across as a really nice person.

Hey Saffron......Do you have any pics with any of the DJ's on them? If so try and upload them as i'd love to see myself back then from someone else's camera angle.

I went there from 1993 to around 1995 on and off. I would go on either a Friday or saturday night. When not there I would tend to go to Roxy's.

I have to admit i did exactly the same (cairos/roxys-fri/sat), dont regret it, but its funny to see threads in 'Sheffield General Chat' with the current 18-21 years old using 'Kingdom' in place of Roxys.:hihi:

I dont suppose you were one of the Monday/Thursday Josephiners too? (seen as i'm in an admitting mood, i'll admit that too)

ash

Hey Saffron......Do you have any pics with any of the DJ's on them? If so try and upload them as i'd love to see myself back then from someone else's camera angle.

did you know Lee by any chance? I think he worked there around that time.

He DJ'd at Club W** while i was on the bar there.

ash

• 3 months later...
I used to go to the kids night there you had to be 14 and we were only twelve, but we managed to blag our way in. I even saw such talants as ultimate kaos and peter andre there, argh them were the days.

I used to go to that one too 'the 14s to 17s' as they called it then:o