Would you move back to Sheffield

Allen

Considering the financial crisis looming around the dollar and the militarisation on the American streets I think is high time you move out.

Yes but you're forgetting the classical get out for governments like the USA when the economy goes sour, as it's bound to do and that is a world war. They have no choice but they're hanging on knowing the world can't ditch the dollar as the reserve currency, or else, it's called blackmail.

Hundreds of FEMA camps, another name for concentration, have been built ready for the eventual uprising. Will there be an uprising, I doubt it very much since most of the population have been drugged with religion and the stuff they get from the poppy fields in Afghanistan.

Well I've lived away from Sheffield for 32 years, and despite some misgivings about "never go back", I would consider returning. In fact my wife, who was born and lived in the South all her life would love us to move to North Derbyshire. I do occasionally look at properties in the Holmesfield area.

• 2 weeks later...
Much seems to be made of hot sunny weather in warmer countries. Well - each to his own as they say, but personally I start to wilt when the mercury climbs much higher than 20 degrees (that's 68 in old money) and I would HATE temperatures in the 30s. The important thing is to be happy where you are, and of course we get cold, wet days in the UK but we get plenty of good weather as well. Today we have the sun showing up the autumn colours. I took this photo from my front door half an hour ago. The moggy's name is Rio..:)

lovely Cat.. Yours I guess? Nice area you live in..Used to live in Dronfield Hill Top. Left in 1972. sold my house for 7,950 will be worth 200,000 now i guess.

been in Africa since 1972.. Would not come back unless forced out at gunpoint...Not impossible in Africa...Hot weather is a problem as you get:):) older. 76 now and love the cool winters 16/20* but the summers are getting hotter 22/28* and the odd few 30* but not too bad...close to the sea and the breeze helps.

I never thought it would happen but I'm seriously considering moving back to Sheffield. The USA has long passed its' sell by date. The people are like walking zombies dumbed down by the media and religion, it's pathetic to watch.

British Columbia has the best climate in Canada. The main city is Van Couver.

British Columbia has the best climate in Canada. The main city is Van Couver.

And no the most southern town in Canada is also the very best weather KINGSVILLE ONT maybe a little to close to the border but we still have the cannons facing the right way:hihi::hihi::hihi:

...been in Africa since 1972...Hot weather is a problem as you get:):) older...close to the sea and the breeze helps.
I know Cape Town well and will be there again next year staying with friends in Rondebosch as usual. I fantasise about retiring to Simon's Town and opening a junk/secondhand bookshop (yet another one!) on the seafront..:)

Living in North Lincs. I suppose I have the best of both worlds (ignoring the weather - but average rainfall here is 70% of Sheffield's) as I can easily go "home". To have everything you want in one location is difficult, and everywhere has its good and not so good aspects. Personally I have no desire to move somewhere hot (as I wouldn't like the heat). Nor would I move back to Sheffield, as being retired I'm not tied down to any particular place - but Sheffield is still a good place to live. As noted above the important thing is to be happy where you are, and our little Home Sweet Home in Lincolnshire will do fine for Mrs hillsbro and me..:)

Edited by hillsbro

And no the most southern town in Canada is also the very best weather KINGSVILLE ONT maybe a little to close to the border but we still have the cannons facing the right way:hihi::hihi::hihi:

No no no PortdoverONT the best place it is the biker capital of the world BRIAN