Would you move back to Sheffield

Allen

Well said Tzijlstra.

Takes somebody not born here to remind those who were what a great place Sheffield is. I'm a Sheffielder born and bred and proud of it. As you said Brilliant access to city AND countryside all within half an hour. Come on Sheffielders, where's your pride?

Hi mikebatty. Thanks for your reply, yes I did mention food a lot,but its my profession, just want to see the local interpretation of the cuisine. The Mexican border is just a couple of hours drive from where I live and we have a large number of Mexican eateries in L A so I am just curious.

sharrowyank

• 6 months later...

We left Sheffield in 1964, for the first few years we were a little home sick, we live in Australia. We have returned 7 times over the years, ourlast visit was 2014 and we st ill love visiting, we hope to make maybe our last in 2016. I wouldn't want to live there, mainly because of the weather and the traffic congestion not only in Sheffield but the whole

country. Although at first we missed the old Sheffield we have now become accustom to it and look forward to seeing new changes.

We left Sheffield in 1964, for the first few years we were a little home sick, we live in Australia. We have returned 7 times over the years, ourlast visit was 2014 and we st ill love visiting, we hope to make maybe our last in 2016. I wouldn't want to live there, mainly because of the weather and the traffic congestion not only in Sheffield but the whole

country. Although at first we missed the old Sheffield we have now become accustom to it and look forward to seeing new changes.

Good old Sheffield....Good new Sheffield....Both fond memories and great times. Long ago we left(1972) and we are still in Africa..A completely different way of life...No comparison,really. The exchange rate makes it look cheap. But when on holiday thats fine...But if you live here you earn and spend local currency. So the comparison of a holiday and actually living here are quite different. The weather is better...the people are not Yorkshire people. The people are a mix of different cultures. The lifestyle has some massive contrasts.. Every family wants the basics. Have been back to Sheffield numerous times on holiday and once to go back and live. No we rae different to when we left. We have changed and so has Sheffield...So have you,, whoever is reading this message...Make life what you want it to be..If you can't keep trying.. Anybody who has lived in Sheffield all their lives is just as happy as the ones who haven't..If you are unhappy ...make a change. its not always easy..but make a mistake or make a change..either is a learning experience.. Love Yorkshire and Yorkshire Folk

Hi pjkay - it's interesting to read your post and of course you are right "make life what you want it to be". I've travelled the world quite a bit (46 countries at the last count) and I know the Western Cape fairly well after 9 visits (with No 10 coming up in October). The important thing is to be happy where you are - and if you aren't happy, vote with your feet until you find somewhere to live that suits you. Mrs hillsbro and I are quite content where we are, 45 miles from Sheffield in a lovely part of Lincolnshire (with average rainfall two-thirds of Sheffield's - this photo was taken an hour ago.:)). As they say, "home is where the heart is" and my home and heart are both likely to remain in North Lincs., while never forgetting my Sheffield roots.