Will Old Unused Car Battery still work?

This is from an advertisement:

Lead Acid Battery Conditioner

Removes or reduces sulphation which kills batteries. We have been looking at this product for about 5 years now. Frankly, we were skeptical. A product in a bottle that brings dead batteries back to life? Well, fact is, it does work. As many of you know, when wet-cell lead acid batteries are allowed to sit around they will sulphate up in as short a time as 6 months. The sulphate builds up on the plates and separators. This product basically dissolves the sulphation. The product is so good that the manufacturer will extend the warranty on a new battery by a year if used when the battery is new.

I haven't tried to use a battery that's stood for a year, but I might expect this.

Anyone with practical experience?

---------- Post added 31-10-2013 at 19:38 ----------

Also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead%E2%80%93acid_battery#Sulfation_and_desulfation

(sorry to use this notoriously unreliable source)

If a brand new unused car battery has been sitting on the shelf for 3 years, will it still work once it has been on a 24 hour charge?

NO it is no good will lose charge too quick especially in winter will give you a fiver scrap pm me :thumbsup:

Archived