Gordon Brown: I'm an ex-politician

WeX

If he's being a good local MP then that's not so bad. Maybe he just meant he's glad he's out of spotlight political arguments?

And why waste time arguing when its more lucrative to spend time on your second job, albeit going to charity.

Gordon Brown tops list of MPs with extra earnings

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/gordon-brown/10083547/Gordon-Brown-tops-list-of-MPs-with-extra-earnings.html

why not?

his father was a minister in Scotland and he had a fairly religious upbringing

My own ignorance. I just didnt know he was such a generous fellow. He was a poor PM but he seems to be a good man with a kind heart.

why not?

his father was a minister in Scotland and he had a fairly religious upbringing

Being religious does not make you philanthropic, in fact you are more likely to give away your money if you are an atheist.

My own ignorance. I just didnt know he was such a generous fellow. He was a poor PM but he seems to be a good man with a kind heart.

He was very generous. He cut the salary for Prime Ministers. He just waited until after he had left the job.

Archived