World faces global wine shortage

:shocked::shocked:

Nooo!!!

Say it isn't so.

Better stock up just in case.

I read it also on t text news. Personally I think its just propaganda to inflate the price and demand

Think about how much wine there is in the world, and all the countries that produce it. There is more likely to be a surplus (hence the propaganda)

I was a quite concerned when I read this. Luckily I have managed to stock up and have a good cellar of 2002/2010 White Burgundies really lovely 2009 Bordeaux and 2002/2007 Alsace.

They should get me through for quite a while although it would be a crime to start on the Bordeaux for a few years yet.

I was a quite concerned when I read this. Luckily I have managed to stock up and have a good cellar of 2002/2010 White Burgundies really lovely 2009 Bordeaux and 2002/2007 Alsace.
O/T, but which have your preference?

I've drank some of my '09 Bordeaux...I preferred holding onto the '89 and '90 :D

I read it also on t text news. Personally I think its just propaganda to inflate the price and demand

Think about how much wine there is in the world, and all the countries that produce it. There is more likely to be a surplus (hence the propaganda)

Incorrect I'm afraid. The problem is not the global vine acreage, it's the global yield trend and its quality, influenced as it has been by increasingly-chaotic climate events in many of the producing regions. E.g. the Australian wine industry has been majorly hit by a double whammy of prolonged droughts and bush fires, and the 2013 yield in France has been at a record low in many AOC areas due to the extremely damp June.

No shortage in California and our wine is as good as any and better than most and also a lot of people here drink tequila instead of wine

If what N00b states turns out to be correct, this will be a great opportunity Harleyman for the CAL wine producers to fill the void.

Archived