Pursuit of Happiness

I would imagine there are very few people who fulfill their childhood/teenage dreams, indeed there are plenty of people, me included, who didn't have a clue what they wanted to do/be at that age. I think it would help you immensely if you stopped dwelling on all the negative things in your life, and perhaps did some volunteer work which would probably take you out of yourself, make you feel good about yourself, and enable you to meet new people.

You sound a caring kind person, so why not put those attributes to work by helping others in a way that would also help you?

ps you do seem to have a tendency to blame others for how you feel. Nobody can make you feel bad, only you can do that.

Depression is like a living entity, it's cruel in the sense it allows you to look out from your own wretchedness once in awhile and taste the bliss of what others enjoy, only to pull you back within your own four confining walls to consume what is left of your torment.

You keep doing this Bedders, seek some help. You want a quick fix by posting these threads.."tell me I'm nice, tell me it'll be ok, tell me it's a beautiful world". it isn't going to happen. Seek professional help...make it happen

What he said. Psychotherapy could probably really help you.

Hey, I am wondering now all grown up, whether you are where you wished to be at this stage of your life.

It does not matter where others are. YOU are the one that is struggling.

I mean, going back to your childhood or teenage years, when you looked to the future and had ambitions, were they ever realised?

Does not matter if they were or were not. NO ONE can change the past

I only say this as I am looking for a change of pace, a different path, a new start, a clean slate, you know what I mean.

Don`t look. Just run towards your fears and do it anyway.

I have been busy over recent years with all sorts of things, trying to be all things to all people and never really satisfying myself.

Well don`t do any of that again.

I have tried to fit in certain holes, to be included, to speak my mind, but often wish to just run away and make a fresh chapter.

Where ever you run, you have to take your head with you.

I have had loads of life experiences through culture and work and have recently been pursuing customer focussed roles.

This has not changed you (for the better)

But having had experience in retail, teaching, hospitality and information technology, surely there are still new doors to go through.

Live to be 1000 years old and there will still be”new doors" to go through”

I am very community focussed and love helping others, but found with helping people in retail, you feel like a pawn for the upper elite.

You will not truly love anything or anyone until you love yourself.

I would happily sell up all my possessions today, and move and share with someone else, to be apart of some other existence.

If you would happily do that, why are you not doing it NOW.

I am kind, not too confident nowadays due in large to mental illness and other things, but am worried that life is passing me by.

Life is passing EVERYONE by-no exceptions.

When I grab things, is this trying too hard, should I wait for things, is it best to be in charge of one's destiny or is fate among us.

A person must have the ability to take action (at the moment you clearly do not have this)

In school, there is no way on earth that my wishes would have me end up where I am now, it would be the total opposite.

Make the changes today. Not next month not next week or tomorrow or when you FEEL like it, but NOW“!

I wished to be settled in my 20's with a loving family and friends, good social life, instead of social isolation and crap luck with women.

Luck eh? People tell me I`m lucky to be of slim muscular build & fit. Guess what? The more exercise & training I do, and the more I resist unhealthy food the luckier I become.

I had so much potential to achieve great things, to be that person who people looked up to, instead of being expendable.

EVERYONE has potential of one sort or another.

I will say this though, I am only 33, so hope and wish my best years are to come, but am scared to death of being 40, alone and in similar situations, things have to change, and am not always strong enough to pursue them, my wishes always have a way of doing the opposite.

Death kills us once., but fear kills us over and over and over.

I may have pushed people away with certain characteristics, cannot change the past, only the future, like really hoping to be accepted, to be with people, to trust people and to be trusted in return.

So, have you now CHANGED or what?

I could go on and on, like a stuck record, surely there is still things coming my way, positive things, happy things, loving things, and fun things, instead of negative bad luck that always seems to attach itself to me.

That old chestnut luck again. If a man does what he`s always done, he`ll always be what he`s always been.

Don't dwell on things too much, if you find yourself sat in a chair just thinking yourself into a rut then get up and do some exercise, go for a walk or the library, take out some good books, go down to your travel agent and get a coach brochure and explore other towns, keep on the move, give yourself something to look forward to maybe with someone you will meet on your journeys, you are thinking too much

:D

Hey, I am wondering now all grown up, whether you are where you wished to be at this stage of your life.

Bedders I for one did sort of wish to be in good health & still working, being serious now about you, it's obvious you have depression. I know you have access to computer, go and see your doctor mate for a referral to Beating The Blues.

I did as was at an all time low, and it helped me no end, but you're doctor has to refer you.

Pete

Archived