Thieves took my laptop

Debk

I was upstairs at about 9pm on Thursday evening when I heard a voices outside my kitchen window below. I went downstairs to see who it was and found the back door was locked but there was no sign of the key.

I went into the lounge to ask my husband where the key was......he said he had no idea but he thought the back door had been left open with the key in a pot on the breakfast bar.

I heard some muffled banging in the dinning room and went to see what it was.......to see somone dissapearing out of the dinning room window. they had forced the locks.

I shouted to my husband but the <removed> scarpered along with my laptop & purse from my handbag ....having locked us in our own house.

I called 999 straight away and the police arived........... nearly 2 hrs later -so no they didn't catch them. They informed us that 2 evenings before the house 2 doors away had been burgled (TV, DVD, jewellery etc)

On Friday morning I took our dog for a walk and found 2 jewellery boxes furhter down the road with gold chains and silver bracellets in them. They aren't mine or our neighbours.

Later on Friday a kind gentleman returned my purse. It had my driving licence in it but no cash. My credit cards were still in it but I had already cancelled them with the bank. He had found it at Greenhill- we live at Parkhead.

I don't supose I'll ever see the laptop again but if anyone knows of a Dell Inspiron with the number 3 missing from the keyboard being sold, it is mine.

Yes I can claim on the insurance but it was 2 days since I backed up and as I had been working at home have lost a lot of work.

Moral of the story, lock your doors at all times, & back up everyday. :(

thats terrible-its amazing to think that the <removed> could do this whilst you are in the house? You just dont think this will happen which,i guess,is how they get away with it-we all check everythings secure before we leave our houses,but i never lock myself in the house unless going to bed etc?

I WILL NOW THOUGH.

i hope you are both ok-so sorry youve had to go through this-thanks for the warning x x

Sorry to hear that Debk.... makes you think though, I take it that my pad is like fort knox as you have to enter two "buzzed" set of doors to get to my apartment and the neighbours swear there has never been a robbery before.... always a first time I suppose. I hope they catch the ****S.

we live at Parkhead.

Moral of the story, lock your doors at all times, & back up everyday. :(

What a nasty thing to happen!

Guess we're extremely lucky - fell asleep last night forgetting to lock the doors and the kitchen window was open :blush: - and we also live at Parkhead! Will definitely follow your advice from now on - thanks for the warning ..... and I hope you get your laptop back

• 4 years later...

Archived