Football teams for 4 yrs and up

kparkin

Junior league teams don't take kids under 5, unless the rules have changed recently, but then you wont find that many teams who have such an early aged team anyway.

Imo you'd be better taking him to coaching lessons, my lads went to sessions at Tapton and City school with a guy named John Richards, it'd be worth giving the schools a call to see if the sessions are still run. Junior leagues just promote "win at all costs" football and don't really learn kids much in the long run.

I'm an ex junior league manger btw.

Thank you for the reply, tbh I was thinking about coaching but wasn't sure if you had to be part of a team, he's my oldest so this is all new to me. I'll give them a call :-)

Definitely go with coaching, and make sure the sessions are fun ones, try a few different places. Keep at it for a couple of years then consider junior league. but do heed my words. players are spat out like geriatric greyhounds if a better player comes along, regardless. The "win" mentality is way OTT in the junior leagues and stifles skill imo.

Archived