Anyone from Sheffield who has lived down south will agree with this

I lived in Caversham / Reading for about a year and the hostility I got was great. But at least I had a car that went more than a mile without conking out, I didn't need to try and prove I was better than everyone else, I didn't drink 2 pints of weasel urine and then go home and give the Mrs a good kicking.

There are many things down south that are better though. Sheffield is good because we were born here and there's a certain affection for it.

I actually like the fact I'm different down there, having said that, it's such a diverse city, London, that you might go all day without speaking to an actual Londoner.

The title says it's about all Northerners, but loads of the references are particularly to Sheffield and South Yorkshire.

http://usvsth3m.com/post/65623530326/18-things-only-northerners-living-down-south-will

(Sorry about the other thread with the wrong title, I don't know how to change it)

The photo of the Yorkshire Dales in the link isn't the Yorkshire Dales.

We moved down to Sussex when I was fifteen. I had a broad Sheffield accent at that time. The school I was transferred to was about a year behind the Sheffield school.

I got into a couple of fights with kids making fun of my accent. Luckily I was a pretty hefty kid back then so I prevailed. After that I was left well alone.

I still prefer Yorkshire folk when I take a trip back to the UK. The southerners partcularly the Londoners are either reserved or snobbish but I can excuse Londoners as they're not much different from any other people forced to live together in close proximity in great big overpopulated cities

Archived