Anyone from Sheffield who has lived down south will agree with this

I think they were probably more used to the squalor. Cricket World Cup old boy. Have you northern oiks heard of the game?

Yes you invented it(Hambledon) but Yorkshire captains have won more test series than Peter May,Cowdrey and Hussain.Not many girls like cricket.

---------- Post added 01-11-2013 at 20:43 ----------

Don't turn it into a name calling thread, please both of you

Well you label people as perverts which is rather rich,and illustrates the paucity of your vocabulary.The thread is based on stereotyping which you enthusiastically perpetuate.

Yes you invented it(Hambledon) but Yorkshire captains have won more test series than Peter May,Cowdrey and Hussain.Not many girls like cricket.

You should probably invest in deodorant. There are always plenty when we go. I can't say the same of football.

Lived down South now since 1998 and don't really miss anything about not living in the North apart from Hendersons and we stock up regularly. I still have a season ticket and attend every home game and Northern seaside towns are NOT the best. In fact most are horrible.

Respect:thumbsup:

Most people in the south find the local accent amusing,and the people in Sheffield find this hard to accept,meaning any comments cause some upset and discomfort.It is most apparent when the Sheffield people expect others to know about breadcakes etc.,and this underlines their insularity.

Very true ... I suspect the dee dah's favourite 'fishcake debate' will be rearing its head shortly?

I love it when southerners mention Yorkshire, and they'll try to do a generic northern accent, mention whippets, or "workin' darn't pit".

Then I think, it's all well and good having a go, but what are, for example, Bedfordshire, Suffolk known for?

At least there's a strong identity in Yorkshire!

Seriously, like, Shropshire, Herefordshire or summet? I have literally no idea.

There are many things down south that are better though. Sheffield is good because we were born here and there's a certain affection for it.

I actually like the fact I'm different down there, having said that, it's such a diverse city, London, that you might go all day without speaking to an actual Londoner.

I lived down there for six years and I can't think of anything that was better down there.

---------- Post added 01-11-2013 at 23:29 ----------

Then I think, it's all well and good having a go, but what are, for example, Bedfordshire, Suffolk known for?

Ponces :hihi:

Archived