Burgers Inc, Ecclesall Road

Nagel

£6 for a hot dog...seriously :wow:

You'd pay £4.50 for one at one those stalls they have on Fargate, or on match days, so £6.00 is pretty good value and it comes with fries and slaw. Plus go Tuesday to Friday between 2pm and 6pm and if you buy two you get one half price.

I like the website and can't wait to try it, sounds good.

You'd pay £4.50 for one at one those stalls they have on Fargate, or on match days, so £6.00 is pretty good value and it comes with fries and slaw. Plus go Tuesday to Friday between 2pm and 6pm and if you buy two you get one half price.

Looks good to me as well and will try to go soon.

I would also like to confirm in advance that I have no affiliation with this business.

'fries and slaw'.....please stop it!

Went for lunch yesterday and overall it was disappointing which is a shame.

The good points:

The burger itself had a good flavour and was juicy although I prefer it cooked a little less but could have asked for it that way.

The hot dog sausage was good as was the pulled pork.

The pickle was also good but I suppose it's a pickle.

The bad points:

The bread was dry on both the burger and hot dog surely in a Saturday lunchtime it should be better.

The smoked cheddar on the burger appeared to be standard cheddar.

The fries were just standard frozen chips although well cooked.

Service was ok but nothing special not particularly warm.

It wasn't the worse food of it's type but certainly not the best but there are so many other places doing better for cheaper. The Old House, The Forum, The Common Room, The Harley, The Broadfield......

For the prices they are charging you want it to be spot on and something a little bit special and it wasn't. The location isn't great and then parking is tricky. I hope they up their game because it could be much better.

Went for lunch yesterday and overall it was disappointing which is a shame.

The good points:

The burger itself had a good flavour and was juicy although I prefer it cooked a little less but could have asked for it that way.

The hot dog sausage was good as was the pulled pork.

The pickle was also good but I suppose it's a pickle.

The bad points:

The bread was dry on both the burger and hot dog surely in a Saturday lunchtime it should be better.

The smoked cheddar on the burger appeared to be standard cheddar.

The fries were just standard frozen chips although well cooked.

Service was ok but nothing special not particularly warm.

It wasn't the worse food of it's type but certainly not the best but there are so many other places doing better for cheaper. The Old House, The Forum, The Common Room, The Harley, The Broadfield......

For the prices they are charging you want it to be spot on and something a little bit special and it wasn't. The location isn't great and then parking is tricky. I hope they up their game because it could be much better.

We went recently and our experience pretty much matches your own. Everything was okay, but just that. The burger was one of the thick roundish types which don't make the best eating. It's difficult to get an equal cook and I prefer the flatter type so it can be served an even pink, which this wasn't. They advertise an extra burger for around £2/3 pound, but it would be near impossible to stack another one on top of this.

I was hoping that with a reputable chef behind the venture there may have been some groundwork into the type of beef cuts used, fat percentages and all that stuff. But in all honesty the meat itself wasn't bursting with flavour. I'm no burger expert, but I felt the meat was too finely ground.

It's a good venture and could be popular, but they're going to have to justify the £7 price tag over other numerous cafe/ restaurants in the area selling burgers and currently, I'm not sure they do.

We went recently and our experience pretty much matches your own. Everything was okay, but just that. The burger was one of the thick roundish types which don't make the best eating. It's difficult to get an equal cook and I prefer the flatter type so it can be served an even pink, which this wasn't. They advertise an extra burger for around £2/3 pound, but it would be near impossible to stack another one on top of this.

I was hoping that with a reputable chef behind the venture there may have been some groundwork into the type of beef cuts used, fat percentages and all that stuff. But in all honesty the meat itself wasn't bursting with flavour. I'm no burger expert, but I felt the meat was too finely ground.

It's a good venture and could be popular, but they're going to have to justify the £7 price tag over other numerous cafe/ restaurants in the area selling burgers and currently, I'm not sure they do.

This is what I want in a gourmet burger restaurant. I look forward to trying it though to support a new independent place.

Do they ask whether you want you burger medium/well done etc?

Long time lurker on this forum and new to Sheffield (well almost a year now).

I used to go to BOH. Absolutely loved it, nothing wrong with the price for that type of cooking and attention to detail on the plate. I was sad to see it go, but not surprised with the lack of patrons. If this was on Sharrow Vale Rd. it would have lasted a lot longer I think (and it seems to attract a more foodie clientele with Seven Hills, J.H. Mann, Sharrow Marrow)

Back on topic, went to Burgers Inc. last week (opening week), so I am sure they are still working out some details in the kitchen and service. I never tried the BOH burger, so I can't confirm if this is the same.

The good: good patty, asked for medium and was delivered nice and pink

The bad: too big of a bready, dry bun, burger to bun ratio is off (though the patty is a good size). I prefer a lighter more brioche type of bun

frozen fries

onion rings: very crispy but also too greasy

coleslaw: very small portion, too much mayo, not enough zing

Frankly, I am disappointed. I know they have talent in the kitchen. I seem to have read somewhere that they want do 'proper' burgers, and this is just average for me.

---------- Post added 12-11-2013 at 11:04 ----------

I guess it all comes down to taste, but for me a burger should be like a good steak. A good sear and crust on the outside, medium-rare on the inside. With a flatter patty you get more even cooking but it is a lot harder to serve it medium. The risks of cooking it through are greater. Unfortunately that has also been my experience with steaks here in Sheffield.

I actually thought the beef itself had quite a good flavour but perhaps a bit too lean. But I guess there are also different schools on burger seasoning. I guess purists only use some salt (and pepper). Personally I always add Thai Fish Sauce to my homemade burgers. It brings out the beefy flavour, adding umami.

Personally I always add Thai Fish Sauce to my homemade burgers. It brings out the beefy flavour, adding umami.

I love this tip and will be stealing it! Thanks.

Sorry - totally off topic - I haven't been to Burger Inc, although I do hope to try it one day...

Archived