Burgers Inc, Ecclesall Road

Nagel

• 2 months later...

Yes it has closed. I for one enjoyed my burger here but I do not eat them very often and so did not return. The location did not help either. Fine dining? No problem. You make the effort to get there. But in my experience you don't make a special effort to go out for a burger, you just drop in. And no matter how good they were (and the original chef's pulled pork was every bit as good as Lee Vintin's), eating a burger is a pretty short experience. So, no, the location didn't help.

They tried fine dining and that didn't work either. I don't think you can blame the location, Bistrot Pierre is only up the road and does very well. The only time I went to Burgers Inc it was closed, and that's because the times had been changed but they had not updated them on their website. Every time I went passed, even at 8/9pm on a weekend, it only had a handful of people in whilst every other restaurant on Ecclesall Road was busy.

I just think the place lacked atmosphere and it's a vicious circle if it looks empty, no one wants to go into a place with no atmosphere, no matter how good the food is.

Apparently, they are looking for a location closer to the city centre.

Archived