Can you still get Sally Lunns?

Never heard of them and being a bakery worker.?:suspect:

i suspect you are still young :suspect:

you have not missed a deal, they were only one step up from the Elephants Foot...some large tasteless cardboard type thing

Ooooo No ! I think an Elephants Foot is much better than a Sally Lunn, an Elephants Foot has got cream in it. Yum Yum. :)

That might be a Sally Lunn in Baaarth, but in my bit of 80s Sheffield at least this was a Sally Lunn.

Im inclined to agree Hecate, yours is certainly the Sally Lunn of my yoof, but I suspect ours would have old Sally spinning in her grave.

Can you still get sally lunns? i have not seen any for ages, they were not the best buns in the world were they, more of a sweet breadcake with icing on...or were they a finger shape.?

Soundslike an iced finger to me. Had one about a fortnight ag0

http://www.greenhalghs.com/products/non-cream-cakes/iced-finger

& I'm also partial to a Devonshire Split :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 01-11-2013 at 17:36 ----------

Ooooo No ! I think an Elephants Foot is much better than a Sally Lunn, an Elephants Foot has got cream in it. Yum Yum. :)

The only Elephants Feet I ever had had that nasty synthetic cream in that had the texture of dry foam :gag:

Last time I had a Sally Lunn( and a really good'un an all it was !) was of all places , the tea bar at the Huntsman entrance of the Northern General ! I was spending all day , everyday there at the hospital with my Dad and would buy a Sally Lunn on the way in to take home for my hubby who is a Sally Lunn connoisseur. He said they were the best he'd ever had and they must have been good cos if you didnt get there early they would go like, well , like hot cakes ! Dunno if they still do them

Archived