Gunman opens fire at Los Angeles International Airport

Yeah but the number of topics that come up about American gun laws, or subjects that get onto American gun laws. So what.
It tends to be anytime there's a mass-shooting or other notable shooting, which kinda says something

People saying stuff like guns should be banned in America and all that sort of crap.

well, no, nobody on this thread has said that guns should be banned in America. I hear Harley and Buck bleating about this any time America and it's gun problem is discussed, in reality I think I've only ever seen one person actually say that guns should be banned in America.

No, what happens with guns in America has nothing to do with anyone but Americans. If you don't like the fact that firearms are readily available there then don't go and stop commenting on it.

Why stop commenting on it? The whole point of the forum is to discuss things, especially the General Discussions section. If you don't like it, then you can always stop reading them, or at least try and counter any arguments you don't agree with, with your own well thought out and constructed argument (rather than just "Shut up, it's nothing to do with you")

Because you can be sure that if Americans were discussing what laws would be better in the UK then people on the forum would tell them to keep their noses out, but the fact is they don't discuss what laws we should have because it has nothing to do with them.

I think you'd find this wouldn't be the case, at all

Saying 'what a terrible thing to happen' is fine, shootings are terrible, everyone agrees with that, but saying 'they shouldn't be allowed guns' - that becomes out of order because it's not our place to say.

Again, just who exactly do you think has said this? You seem to be ranting about something that hasn't been said

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:22 ----------

I love how the British get annoyed about the EU trying to interfere with British laws because they think they know what's best, but the British have no qualms in butting in when it comes to the laws of a completely different country.

You appear to be trying to compare the EU (who actually have an influence on how UK law works) with members of the Sheffield Forum (who have no influence on American law) :suspect:

It's America, it's their country it's their laws and unless you were born there you have no business saying what laws that country should or shouldn't have regarding guns or anything else.

...there you go again, who is it you're talking about? Who is trying to tell America what their laws should be?

It seems to me the only people who have a issue in these threads are the usual bunch who try their best to stop anyone discussing America's gun problem.

Maybe not, but I have grandsired

5 girls and 2 boys who are, which is good enough for me. We don't need a 'friend' like you to tell us who and what we should be. America considers us theirs. What the hell do you matter.

Then maybe you should point your discombobulation at superhans who thinks you should have no say, regardless of how many grandchildren you have..you weren't born there was his point. Not mine.

"What the hell" do I matter to what?

Then maybe you should point your discombobulation at superhans who thinks you should have no say, regardless of how many grandchildren you have..you weren't born there was his point. Not mine.

"What the hell" do I matter to what?

I'm not sure that Superhans, Buck or Harley really know what they're agitated about. They always come on these threads claiming that (unseen) posts are trying to tell Americans what to do, and that nobody should discuss America unless they're American (or in their case, unless they think they are).

Ron, in these threads, how often do you see anyone trying to tell America what to do? Or do you even see anyone saying that America should ban guns?

I'm not sure that Superhans, Buck or Harley really know what they're agitated about. They always come on these threads claiming that (unseen) posts are trying to tell Americans what to do, and that nobody should discuss America unless they're American (or in their case, unless they think they are).

Ron, in these threads, how often do you see anyone trying to tell America what to do? Or do you even see anyone saying that America should ban guns?

It's difficult to see anything through the fog of gloating that goes on..

It's difficult to see anything through the fog of gloating that goes on..

Then, seriously, why come on here (not so much yourself as others) and mouth off, trying to kick up a stink about nothing (or something that hasn't happened)?

If they're going to do that, they'll have to expect someone calling BS on it if they can't substantiate it

Asking Americans to ban guns is as stupid as asking Britain to ban them. I've read many good arguments as to why Americans should seriously consider greater control of them. I myself advocate the banning of the NRA or at the least curtailing its power at congress through lobby..their a nasty bunch of freaky people.

Anyway. This is a Sheffield forum and predominantly Sheffield/UK users, I'll do as I please as long as moderation allows me. The more someone tells me to shut up the more I know I'm making a point. As I've said before, It isn't about guns or fat Americans or whatever where Harley and Buck are concerned, it's just seen as an attack on their past personal choices, it has nothing to do with America.

As for superhans, his arguments (if you can call them that) are baseless.

Asking Americans to ban guns is as stupid as asking Britain to ban them. I've read many good arguments as to why Americans should seriously consider greater control of them. I myself advocate the banning of the NRA or at the least curtailing its power at congress through lobby..their a nasty bunch of freaky people.

Anyway. This is a Sheffield forum and predominantly Sheffield/UK users, I'll do as I please as long as moderation allows me. The more someone tells me to shut up the more I know I'm making a point. As I've said before, It isn't about guns or fat Americans or whatever where Harley and Buck are concerned, it's just seen as an attack on their past personal choices, it has nothing to do with America.

As for superhans, his arguments (if you can call them that) are baseless.

Instead of spouting wind and pizz on post after post on the SF why dont you write to the Supreme Court in Washington and give them the benefit of your wisdom and advice? It's all wasted on here anyway.

You could start the letter such as:

Honourable Members of the Supreme court

I am a young Sheffield lad and I'm passionately concerned about some of the aspects in the manner in which you run your country..........

I'm sure if they saw that letter came from someone in Sheffield they'd sit up and take notice right away

Go on! Be a devil and do it ! :hihi:

Instead of spouting wind and pizz on post after post on the SF why dont you write to the Supreme Court in Washington and give them the benefit of your wisdom and advice? It's all wasted on here anyway.

You could start the letter such as:

Honourable Members of the Supreme court

I am a young Sheffield lad and I'm passionately concerned about some of the aspects in the manner in which you run your country..........

I'm sure if they saw that letter came from someone in Sheffield they'd sit up and take notice right away

Go on! Be a devil and do it ! :hihi:

Thanks for illustrating my point

Somebody, somewhere in America will be shot dead some time every day, probably more than one. Nobody regrets it more than I, but people like having a gun in the house, against the distinct possibility of a home invasion or burglary, especially in rural areas where the police are scarce. My real concern is that every time it happens it becomes object one for SF, and we are called idiots and worse. I was shocked at the insensitivity shown on here following the murder of 20 little children, and 6 teachers at Sandy Hook last year.

Somebody, somewhere in America will be shot dead some time every day, probably more than one. Nobody regrets it more than I, but people like having a gun in the house, against the distinct possibility of a home invasion or burglary, especially in rural areas where the police are scarce. My real concern is that every time it happens it becomes object one for SF, and we are called idiots and worse. I was shocked at the insensitivity shown on here following the murder of 20 little children, and 6 teachers at Sandy Hook last year.

Buck, trust me I would not have shown that insensitivity that was awful, little kids and such but you should know by now fella that's how some folk are on SF :loopy::loopy:

Archived