Well done world tennis for banning Tunisia, bravo

Tunisia ordered their tennis player to refuse to play an Israeli and were quite rightly banned for one year from international competitions.

Well done tennis leaders.:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap:

PS should read Well world done tennis for banning Tunisia, bravo

I don't know the story, but if it is as simple as the government telling its sportspeople to do this, then yes, I agree.

Tunisia ordered their tennis player to refuse to play an Israeli and were quite rightly banned for one year from international competitions.

Well done tennis leaders.:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap:

PS should read Well world done tennis for banning Tunisia, bravo

Not quite right,but getting closer:thumbsup:

Is this the story being referred to ?

Davis Cup tennis ban for Tunisia over Jaziri Israel row

I don't follow Davis Cup Tennis, but surely, as it's country vs country, it must have been Tunisia vs Israel - in which case why was there only this player affected? There would normally be two players for the singles, and again (or different ones) for the doubles. This player seemed to have feigned an injury. What did his team mates do?

I don't follow Davis Cup Tennis, but surely, as it's country vs country, it must have been Tunisia vs Israel - in which case why was there only this player affected? There would normally be two players for the singles, and again (or different ones) for the doubles. This player seemed to have feigned an injury. What did his team mates do?

the link above says it was actually the countries federation that got the ban

Jaziri withdrew from the Tashkent Challenger last month ahead of a match against Amir Weintraub.

He was cleared of wrongdoing.

Officials found Jaziri - who had claimed to be suffering from a knee injury - had been ordered to pull out of the match.

The ITF board voted unanimously to suspend the Tunisian Tennis Federation for one year from the Davis Cup, one of the most important tournaments in men's tennis.

Archived