Empty Units Solutions

Having nipped around Drake House and Crystal Peaks today am astounded by how many units are empty.

It seems that the council have no plans in place to combat this problem.

It is not just locally but internationally as well, the world is going belly up and cities are becoming scooby-doo ghost towns.

I know that with money becoming ever more less, that they aint guna drop rent prices, quite the opposite.

So, why not just leese these units to charities, food banks, information hubs and even temporary continental markets.

There surely has to be something done, I would rather have a few bizarre shops than units with boards up :huh::loopy::suspect:

Who wouldn't want occupied units? The landlords for starters (which ISN'T the council). But if the landlord inexplicably lets a meerkat sanctury in for free, what are the other tennants going to say when they come to renew the lease (which in those places will not be cheap) they'll ask if they can have it for nowt/less like the meerkat sanctury where dreams used to be.

Who wouldn't want occupied units? The landlords for starters (which ISN'T the council). But if the landlord inexplicably lets a meerkat sanctury in for free, what are the other tennants going to say when they come to renew the lease (which in those places will not be cheap) they'll ask if they can have it for nowt/less like the meerkat sanctury where dreams used to be.

Meerkats stores, simples :hihi:

Crystal peaks are notorious for charging extortionate amounts of rent, that's why units are empty, game survived administration but couldn't carry on after peaks raised the rent massively.

A bizarre/niche store would last 3 weeks.

What business is it of the council's?

Last time I checked, Drake House and Crystal Peaks were privately owned.

According to this site

http://completelyretail.co.uk/portfolio/Hammerson/scheme/3261/properties.html

only 2 units are vacant at Drake House. That seems pretty good to me in the current economic climate.

Crystal peaks are notorious for charging extortionate amounts of rent

Definite extortionate in this instance.

Do you know the costs being borne by the owners of these units?

What would be a reasonable rent given these costs and the fact that they need to make at least some money letting these units.

A detailed breakdown if possible. :D

Having nipped around Drake House and Crystal Peaks today am astounded by how many units are empty.

It is not just locally but internationally as well, the world is going belly up and cities are becoming scooby-doo ghost towns.

I know that with money becoming ever more less, that they aint guna drop rent prices, quite the opposite.

So, why not just leese these units to charities, food banks, information hubs and even temporary continental markets.

There surely has to be something done, I would rather have a few bizarre shops than units with boards up :huh::loopy::suspect:

Could this be translated into english and something that made economic sense.

Also,if success is to be measured by full car parks,then Crystal Peaks must be doing very well.It took me 15 minutes to find a space last Friday !!

Crystal peaks are notorious for charging extortionate amounts of rent, that's why units are empty, game survived administration but couldn't carry on after peaks raised the rent massively.

A bizarre/niche store would last 3 weeks.

How's about another bizarre/niche Greggs/Poundland store? :D

---------- Post added 03-11-2013 at 20:09 ----------

Could this be translated into english and something that made economic sense.

Also,if success is to be measured by full car parks,then Crystal Peaks must be doing very well.It took me 15 minutes to find a space last Friday !!

You must have a big car - the spaces are only fit for granny cars.

How's about another bizarre/niche Greggs/Poundland store? :D

---------- Post added 03-11-2013 at 20:09 ----------

You must have a big car - the spaces are only fit for granny cars.

That's the problem, no one wants another greggs and the feet eating fish thing lasted all of 4 months.

That's the problem, no one wants another greggs and the feet eating fish thing lasted all of 4 months.

Another Greggs would smarten the place up a bit :hihi: It would make a killing as well. The CP crew love their Greggs. I think the fish thing lasted longer than that . . . did you know they used to flush the dead callous eaters down the bog in the back? If some overweight wreck like me squashed one of them they would say the little gobbler was going into a 'treatment' tank round the back. That treatment was a bog flush :(

The whole Crystal Peaks and Drake House area is like the Noah's Ark.

2 of everything, 2 £££ shops, 2 Greggs, 2 charity shops, 2 DIY stores, 2 hair salons in both the markets and the mall, 2 blacksmiths, 2 bag shops, 2 opticians, 2 KFC's, 2 McDees and numerous duplicated stores throughout.

Archived