Good chinese for Dim Sum

nicolasg

• 2 weeks later...

Mao on london road is the worst dim sum I have ever tried. I don't think they do it any more as the word got round smartish.

Dim sum on london road, wong ting and zing zaa all have good and bad points but are all ok to try.

By far the best in the area is China palace on silver street in Doncaster.

The menu choice is very good and the quality top notch.

Well worth a visit for those that like this excellent chinese food.

Much better than any in Sheffield or Leeds and better than most if not all in Manchester, London, Birmingham and Kuala Lumpur.

Much better than any in Sheffield or Leeds and better than most if not all in Manchester, London, Birmingham and Kuala Lumpur.

Wow, you do rate it quite highly ! I've never been to KL, but for Manchester.. I thought that 'Glamourous' is pretty good. They have the authenticity factor down to a tee. (When I was a wee lassie in HK, and go to dim sum with my grand-dad every morning, the dim sum places have 'trolley dollys'.... People pushing trolleys with hot food round the room. :) )

Tbh, if you ask any local chinese, they can give u any recommendations as to what they think is good. Though, it may differ to your own taste. Some dim sum places do certain dim sums better than others. Some are cheaper, and larger in size, whereas others are not. China Palace is one that is pretty good. I admit. Leeds is not great. I agree, but Manchester is pretty good ! They had a half-price dim sum war going on for a long while, and that lifted up the standards of dim sums !

If you're a serious dim sum lover, you should try out "Ocean Treasure" as well. It's in Manchester. Oldham. It's a long way out of the city centre, but their standard is pretty high, cos it's labelled as a bit of a seafood joint as well. Yes, the type of place that promotes freshness by allowing you to pick the fish that is still swimming in the tank ! Is it a pricey place ? No. Not when it comes to dim sum.

If you're a serious dim sum lover, you should try out "Ocean Treasure" as well. It's in Manchester. Oldham. .

I love dim sum and would love to try the place.

The only problem I have is that the menus are, for the most part, in chinese and I can't read it.

With this in mind I always have to go with a chinese girl to help me with this problem. It's a real pain :D

Archived