Cliques in the workplace

It's natural that humans will group together based upon mutual social interests, etc, but why do office workers, and most likely other vocations too, take cliques to an extreme whereby one or more other 'outsiders' enough of that venom that makes them avoid going to work, or leaving?

Many workers, which seems to be borne out by work bullying and absentee-ism reports, develop a nasty, gossipy edge which verges on or exceeds bullying? What is it, snobbery? Insecurity? Immaturity?

Is it mostly certain age groups which do this? Even my feminist sister, and many other females over the years, always says ("women are too bitchy")?

And why don't more employers take a really tough stance about this ugly, childish and cowardly collective behaviour?

It's natural that humans will group together based upon mutual social interests, etc, but why do office workers, and most likely other vocations too, take cliques to an extreme whereby one or more other 'outsiders' enough of that venom that makes them avoid going to work, or leaving?

Many workers, which seems to be borne out by work bullying and absentee-ism reports, develop a nasty, gossipy edge which verges on or exceeds bullying? What is it, snobbery? Insecurity? Immaturity?

Is it mostly certain age groups which do this? Even my feminist sister, and many other females over the years, always says ("women are too bitchy")?

And why don't more employers take a really tough stance about this ugly, childish and cowardly collective behaviour?

At my old place that common interest was overtime, in fact so bad was the greed that people were set up by other workers or not trained properly and ended up losing their jobs just so the clique could keep their overtime.

Cliques aren't only limited to the workplace, they exist everywhere, even on here.

We need to accept that we don't need to be totally united with one group of people, and that its better to have the confidence to stand apart sometimes.

Cliques aren't only limited to the workplace, they exist everywhere, even on here.

We need to accept that we don't need to be totally united with one group of people, and that's its better to have the confidence to stand apart sometimes.

Some people feel secure in cliques-they are right of course, but are trapped in a restricted mode of thinking.

Some people feel secure in cliques-they are right of course, but aretrapped in a restricted mode of thinking.
I try to avoid getting stuck in that mode, which hasn't always gone down too well at the Ladies fellowship meetings I've attended.

Archived