What do you think to tesco using facial scanning in petrol stations?

Tesco’s network will be the first to roll-out of Amscreen's new OptimEyes screens nationally. The system claims to be able to determine basic demographics such as gender, age, date, time and volume, to deliver more measurable campaigns for advertisers, as well as more relevant on screen content for customers.

There is no opt out as you are facially scanned upon approaching the counter to pay for fuel etc at any one of 450+ Tesco petrol stations due to receive the system.

I don't care, my face is seen hundreds of time each week by CCTV.

If you're making that many trips to the pump you might want to get your car checked.

If you don't like it you can go elsewhere.

Until other chains do the same?

I guess if Tesco really lost a lot of custom over this, others might think twice.

But the sheep will just moan about it then continue buying their petrol there as before.

People worrying about this just reminds me of Faisal in Four Lions walking around with a cardboard box on his head so his image couldn't be seen on camera.

It's not like they're snooping through anyone's window at their CD collection.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

People worrying about this just reminds me of Faisal in Four Lions walking around with a cardboard box on his head so his image couldn't be seen on camera.

It's not like they're snooping through anyone's window at their CD collection.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

lol and when they're shaking their heads

Archived