What do you think to tesco using facial scanning in petrol stations?

Ummmm...didn't it say on the news this morning it was purely 'eyeballs' they were scanning? Not whole faces...

So what about those who wear a full veil, it could be anybody, the Somali who's just absconded wore a burka, the murderer of the WPC who fled the country wearing a burka?

Why should they? As daft a statement as Ive ever seen. The techonology's in place so Tesco can improve profits, not as an excuse to persecute their customers which would have completely the opposite effect on revenue.

They seem happy to persecute people with crash helmets on. They won't turn on the pump until you take it off (at morrisons anyway).

So what about those who wear a full veil, it could be anybody, the Somali who's just absconded wore a burka, the murderer of the WPC who fled the country wearing a burka?

Were they shopping at Tesco's before absconding?....Keep to the subject. I know you have a bee in your bonnet about it, but give it a rest eh?

:hihi:

Originally Posted by boyfriday View Post

Why should they? As daft a statement as Ive ever seen. The techonology's in place so Tesco can improve profits, not as an excuse to persecute their customers which would have completely the opposite effect on revenue.

They seem happy to persecute people with crash helmets on. They won't turn on the pump until you take it off (at morrisons anyway).

Ah well you see that's different, if its a crash helmet then it's the rules on the other hand if its a burka it's persecution.

Now do you see where Boy Friday is coming from, only burka wearers can be persecuted.

This was typed whilst PeteMorris was posting. I promise not to post anything else about those amongst us who're persecuted even BF (honest.);)

This is probably the reasoning behind that, whether it's a proportionate response I doubt.

I seem to have to repeat this every time this issue comes up. A significant proportion of bank robberies have been perpetrated by people wearing full face helmets or balaclavas. That is why wearing them is banned in banks. If a significant proportion of bank robberies become perpetrated by people wearing burkas I'm sure the banks will review their policies on customers wearing them.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:01 ----------

Ah well you see that's different, if its a crash helmet then it's the rules on the other hand if its a burka it's persecution.

Now do you see where Boy Friday is coming from, only burka wearers can be persecuted.

This was typed whilst PeteMorris was posting. I promise not to post anything else about those amongst us who're persecuted even BF (honest.);)

As usual Peer Gynt has nothing to say about the OP.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:02 ----------

Were they shopping at Tesco's before absconding?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

He probably bought the burka in Tescos.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:03 ----------

The eyeball scanning has nothing to do with security, it's for marketing purposes!

This is probably the reasoning behind that, whether it's a proportionate response I doubt.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:01 ----------

As usual Peer Gynt has nothing to say about the OP.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:02 ----------

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

He probably bought the burka in Tescos.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 19:03 ----------

The eyeball scanning has nothing to do with security, it's for marketing purposes!

I heard it from a man who knew a man who said his friend who worked at Halfords told him that it was an MI5 plan.

Why not just worry about getting the statement 'correct'?

The statement is correct. Anyone wearing that full getup is far from being British.

That is not what this topic is about though, but as usual you come on here with your giant sized chip as soon as racial matters popup.

The statement is correct. Anyone wearing that full getup is far from being British.
No it isn't correct since people's nationality cannot be defined by the clothes they wear.

That is not what this topic is about though, but as usual you come on here with your giant sized chip as soon as racial matters popup.

Forgive me, but wasn't it you who introduced 'foreigners' to a discussion about facial scanning for marketing purposes? It was never a 'racial matter' in the first instance until you turned it into one.

Archived