DWP cant or wont help

I was told by the job centre not to start a course to better myself, because I'd have to give it up when I was offered a job. I'm going to do the course anyway and if I have to give it up half way through then that's what I'll have to do.

It's the other way round with the OP he's been offered a job if he completes the course... get a CDL (doesn't have to be paid for until it's finished),do the course.. get the job and then pay for the course...

Why do dwp offer you help back to WORK ?? when you a ask for a course cus because youve been offered a job if you do this course they say they cant fund it its a joke

The Job Centre are useless at anything other then filling in forms. My time spent unemployed I asked to do a number of courses to help my prospects to get back to work.

All I was offered was a CV writing course who took one look at my CV and said, its better than they could do it.

wouldnt mind but first time ever to claim jsa and hate being sat at home if men in suits stopped making rules up for people who have done there jobs for 20 odd yrs saying they need this course and that course i wouldnt be out of work

What course is it the employer wants you to do?

Will you consider paying for the course yourself?

If you apply for any job, then make sure you have someone proof it.

Archived