UK [to be] 'fastest-growing Western economy'

WeX

I don't know why I am paying more tax, I just am. The employer and the IR does the tax calculations and payments on my behalf. Tax is up, NI is up and VAT Man has put VAT at 20% (up). Meanwhile the cost of living has increased, food, powerand electronics.

Now tell us who built that little nest-egg of who deregulated the banks in the first place.

Some simple calculations for you, using £26,000 as an approximation of salary, being generally the average salary for the UK.

Tax year - 03/04 - £26,000 = Take home £19,178 (£4,471 Income tax & £2,351 N.I)

Tax year - 08/09 - £26,000 = Take home £19,744 (£3,994 Income tax & £2,262 N.I)

Tax year - 13/14 - £26,000 = Take home £20,498 (£3,312 Income tax & £2,190 N.I)

So as you can clearly see, take home pay is UP while taxation is DOWN.

If you dispute these figures, here is the calculator I have used, knock yourself out: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/

---------- Post added 11-11-2013 at 10:33 ----------

There is that but..I thought he was a public sector worker? Haven't their wages been decimated by the Tories? :)

Decimated is a strong word. I don't recall any examples of public sector works having their salaries reduced. There may be some on the fringes, but on the whole, public sector salaries have increased by a small amount or been frozen. This would however result in a decrease in tax to Mecky, which is contradictory to what he is saying.

Some simple calculations for you, using £26,000 as an approximation of salary, being generally the average salary for the UK.

If you dispute these figures, here is the calculator I have used, knock yourself out: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/

Decimated is a strong word. I don't recall any examples of public sector works having their salaries reduced. There may be some on the fringes, but on the whole, public sector salaries have increased by a small amount or been frozen. This would however result in a decrease in tax to Mecky, which is contradictory to what he is saying.

Are you calling me a liar?

Looking for a reason to hit that report post button are we? :roll:

When you say that tax is up and NI is up, I'm saying that you are very much mistaken. If you were to continue with that line now that you have been corrected then I suppose it could be construed as lying.

Sorry, I was being a bit sarcastic...

:rolleyes:

Mecky, you've made an assertion some posts earlier, and all I'm seeing since is posters (incl. me) querying that assertion based on entirely reasonable and incontrovertible taxation facts.

Reasonable and incontrovertible, because publicly-available from official Gvt websites, and to which other tax-paying posters are subjected just the same as you.

The only variable we're all missing, to determine once and for all whether you are factually correct, or simply mistaken, is your level of gross salary. No need for specific details, a reasonably close range (close enough to work out accurately under applicable tax bands) will do.

:rolleyes:

Mecky, you've made an assertion some posts earlier, and all I'm seeing since is posters (incl. me) querying that assertion based on entirely reasonable and incontrovertible taxation facts.

Reasonable and incontrovertible, because publicly-available from official Gvt websites, and to which other tax-paying posters are subjected just the same as you.

The only variable we're all missing, to determine once and for all whether you are factually correct, or simply mistaken, is your level of gross salary. No need for specific details, a reasonably close range (close enough to work out accurately under applicable tax bands) will do.

Say what you want but I Know I am paying more tax and NI. Now you answer my questions

Say what you want but I Know I am paying more tax and NI.

I don't beleive you. I say you are barnstorming and blustering.

Why are you paying more? It's not a difficult question. Either...

A. You earn way more than you would like to admit to

B. You've had a massive coding notice change

C. You are lying.

Which one?

Say what you want but I Know I am paying more tax and NI. Now you answer my questions.
Are you aware of how petulant your reply appears? Just thought I'd ask....

You've not asked me any question, btw.

That cleared, I am paying more tax and NI than I was last year, because:

(i) I've had a pay rise, and

(ii) I've lost the child benefit component/rebate.

Why are you paying more tax and NI? It's not a difficult admission to make :rolleyes:

Archived