History of Laycocks

Thanks for your reply kevin63 , I was beginning to think there wouldn't be any clues about the other guy in the photo with my Dad . Now I can put a name on the photo album ,

kind regards

David

Deecee.

I'm the guy in the photo with your dad, spot on Kevin.

Maurice Rodgers took several photos that day and I also have the one you have..

Those Potos bring back a lot of good memories of some realy good work mates..

Joined laycocks Archer road oct 7 1957, Made redundent Little London rd oct 8 1992

I remember being told that during world war two they made the heavy metal supports that kept the bombs apart in side the planes..

A visitor asked one of the machinists what they were for, on being told he asked why they needed so many.

He was told that when the bombs were dropped the supports fell away with them, "isn't that dangerous" he asked

Deecee.

Joined laycocks Archer road oct 7 1957, Made redundent Little London rd oct 8 1992

You may remember me,my name is Keith Webster,i worked in the Tool & Cutter grinders at Archer RD for a while,Do you remember Harold Broadhurst & Bert of course.I was transferred down to Little London Road,went on National Service,then returned to Little London Road.The Guys i worked with there were John Bunting,Dennis Cox & Ron (ithink his Surname was Haslam).Roy Green was the Storeman down there at that time.

Deecee.

Thanks for replying Jack, and welcome to the forum !

I still look at the photo quite often , and I can understand your memories of the good work mates, I know my Dad enjoyed his time at Laycocks . Maurice was a nice bloke and a good pal to my Dad.

thanks again

regards

David

:thumbsup:

Hi Keith..

Your Name rings a bell but can't put a face to it yet,

We must have been ships that passed in the night, When I started at Archer road I was on the C4 Reg Warrington was foreman the setters while I was on there where Dennis Smith, Joe Wild, Alan Keyworth, Eric Chapple the ones I can remember off the top of my head...

Tommy Barnett got me into the C/G in 64 the squad then were Bert, Harold, George Marsh. Edwin, Stan, Arthur, George Millner . Tom went into the tool room

Hi Keith..

Your Name rings a bell but can't put a face to it yet,

We must have been ships that passed in the night, When I started at Archer road I was on the C4 Reg Warrington was foreman the setters while I was on there where Dennis Smith, Joe Wild, Alan Keyworth, Eric Chapple the ones I can remember off the top of my head...

Tommy Barnett got me into the C/G in 64 the squad then were Bert, Harold, George Marsh. Edwin, Stan, Arthur, George Millner . Tom went into the tool room

Hey grinder, what about me ?

Name is Alan and I was on the same crew as Bert and George Marsh.

I left to work at Harry Milnes Ltd on Handsworh Road about the time that you came into the grinding room.

I remember you though.

P.S. If you do remember me please don't post my last name on the open forum, I'll pm you when you have enough posts. Thanks

Edited by chuffinel