History of Laycocks

Good looking lad though weren't he..:wave:.

Mind you looking at that hair no wonder Bert's laughing , It looks like you weren't the first one to hit him behind the head with a bit of Elastic wheel....:hihi:

grinder wot tha rytin posh far, did tha meean good lookin lad warn e

hiya ceedee, i have just looked at the photo of your dad bert and jack simpson, that was a very good snap, remember me telling you your dad and mine were in the same class when they were at school, and when he worked at toms hairdressers in charles st many years ago i reckon it was nearly 60 years ago now, i don't know what school it was mine went to st stephens,crooksmoor and western rd

ps when he worked at toms was it a kind of a fill- in job as i recall they had eight barbers at once when they were busy, one that worked at the time was a bernard pitts, his dad worked with my mum at viners,

pps just think bert and my dad would have been 100 years old next month.

Hiya willybite , yeah I do remember you saying about our dads being at school together , my dad went to St. Stephens and then Crookesmoor .

My dad was the manager at Toms in Charles st., and yes Bernard Pitts did work there , him and my dad were best pals ,they both had motor bike and side cars and we used to go on family trips on Sundays ,(when they weren't polishing their bikes together in the garages down Bromley St) small world isn't it , your mum working with Bernard at Viners . We will have to raise a glass next month to our dads 100 th won't we !

It was sad to hear of Sam Marsdens passing , he was a great friend to my dad and my mum , and such a nice bloke .

kind regards

David

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm new here and doing a bit of Family history research.

Does anyone remember Maynard Sharpe and Joyce Arnold-Smith who both worked at Laycocks from mid 40s to 1961 and got married in 1950

Maynard was in the engineering and Joyce was a comptometer operator.

I would be grateful for any information

• 4 months later...
Good looking lad though weren't he..:wave:.

Mind you looking at that hair no wonder Bert's laughing , It looks like you weren't the first one to hit him behind the head with a bit of Elastic wheel....:hihi:

, hiye theer tha guz ageearn withe fancy chat

• 2 months later...

I will avoid sitting in my arm chair that night and ask the wife to keep splashing cold water in my face...

"The mind is willing but the flesh is weak"...

PS.

Why do I have to inform Mr Winter ?

Are we all getting a present......:banana:

My dad David Pitts was on about the reunion last week but said he wasn't sure to go or not,my mother,David's wife passed away in may and I would like him to go and meet some old friends if there's still any left as my dads in his 70s,does anybody remember him he worked in the foundry all his life.