Recent Immigrants make "net contribution" to finances

More pertinently, he's chosen to be British citizen who has shown his appreciation for the country that provided refuge to him as an 8 year old, inspired him and given him the funding, training and the opportunity to compete on the world stage..Somalia had very little to do with his success.

Mo Farah is the kind of immigrant we should be rejoicing about not distancing ourselves from, but perhaps people with your mindset are implacable.

This is were we differ again, the Olympics shouldn't be about which country as the most money, it should be about which country as the best athletes. I disagree with sport being about ones ability to buy the best team, to me Manchester united should field a team from Manchester, Rotherham united should field a team from Rotherham, English players should be English and so on.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 21:07 ----------

But angos you don't really listen to them do you?

Of cause I do, and I completely disagree with them because they never give you the full picture, just little soundbites about the positive side of immigration, and the only time I know what Griffin says is when you post something about him.

Edited by angos

This is were we differ again, the Olympics shouldn't be about which country as the most money, it should be about which country as the best athletes. I disagree with sport being about ones ability to buy the best team, to me Manchester united should field a team from Manchester, Rotherham united should field a team from Rotherham, English players should be English and so on.

So you believe that if you're a professional footballer born in Manchester you shouldn't be allowed to move too far away from Manchester to commute. I don't think that you've thought this through. Also, the UK is the country that Mo Farrah was raised in, it is the country where he developed his identity and it's also the country who's identity he identifies with. Only a fool would suggest that it's wrong that he represents this country.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

So you believe that if you're a professional footballer born in Manchester you shouldn't be allowed to move too far away from Manchester to commute. I don't think that you've thought this through.

I don't believe we should have professional sportsman, I think people should take part in sport for the fun of it.