Recent Immigrants make "net contribution" to finances

Work. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, back in the real world plenty of people enjoy watching world class sports people compete. Do you have similar feelings towards the entertainment industry as well? Do you believe that an actor should work for money?

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 21:43 ----------

let's see Cloughie was around in the 70s, I do believe it's now 2013 some forty years later, let's see anyone build a team the way he did with just a few transfers (remember washed up Dave Mackay).

I think that we both have different understandings of what type of manager Clough was. Clough was a renowned cheque book manager. Taylor scouted them, Clough bullied the chairman to release the funds to buy them. The perfect double act.

I've been arguing this for years on here yet people still seem to want to blame a lot of our problems on people moving from abroad.

At the risk of being controversial, isn't about time now to turn the attention away from recently arrived immigrants and to start to look at the problems within the indigenous population.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

My children go to a school in the North East of Sheffield that has been flooded with immigrants (Slovak Roma) over the past 3 years. The school has to find the money for two interpreters out of the budget. That is money being directed exclusively for the foreign kids, and so means there is less to spend on everybody else. One of the schools lost the nursery a couple of years ago so it could be turned into a language learning centre so foreign kids from surrounding catchment areas could go there to learn English. This meant moving the nursery kids into the main building which was already overcrowded, there was not enough classroom so they had to lose their only dedicated IT suite to turn it back into a classroom. The teachers and TAs have to dedicate so much time bringing the foreign kids on, I feel my kids and all the other English kids are neglected, the smart kids are placed with the foreign kids to help them with their English, instead of helping the smart kids to flourish.

So did they take this into account when doing their calculations? I don't remember seeing them at the schools with a clipboard. Is some of this net contribution going to come to me to rebate my tax contributions that I have paid for my children's education, so that I can pay for some private tuition to help them catch up because of the detrimental effect on their education impacted by the Slovak Roma? Are my children going to be compensated for the potential loss to their future earnings, thanks to the impact on their education due to an overwhelming number of Slovak Roma in their class?

This is were we differ again, the Olympics shouldn't be about which country as the most money, it should be about which country as the best athletes. I disagree with sport being about ones ability to buy the best team, to me Manchester united should field a team from Manchester, Rotherham united should field a team from Rotherham, English players should be English and so on.

I didn't suggest money was the principal factor, but you don't seem to be understanding he was a refugee from Somalia, so I can't imagine he'd be well disposed towards that particular country.

Fair enough, back in the real world plenty of people enjoy watching world class sports people compete. Do you have similar feelings towards the entertainment industry as well? Do you believe that an actor should work for money?

Amateur sport is just as entertaining and many competitive sportsman also have full time jobs.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 21:56 ----------

I didn't suggest money was the principal factor, but you don't seem to be understanding he was a refugee from Somalia, so I can't imagine he'd be well disposed towards that particular country.

No he wasn't.

let's see Cloughie was around in the 70s, I do believe it's now 2013 some forty years later, let's see anyone build a team the way he did with just a few transfers (remember washed up Dave Mackay).

Jut a few? In the 70s Clough signed among others Roy McFarland, John O'Hare, Archie Gemmill, John McGovern, Alan Hinton, Colin Todd, Peter Shilton, David Nish, Trevor Francis and Kenny Burns in different managerial spells. Some were record signings at the time. He also tried to sign Bobby Moore and Trevor Brooking. To say he didn't rely on signings is a lie.

Amateur sport is just as entertaining and many competitive sportsman also have full time jobs.

No it isn't. Amateur sport is entertaining, but in general it is not as entertaining as world class sports. It is why you get such a difference in the size of the crowds between the two.

No it isn't. Amateur sport is entertaining, but in general it is not as entertaining as world class sports. It is why you get such a difference in the size of the crowds between the two.

No it isn't, its down to money and advertising, as well as the gullibility of the spectator.

No it isn't, its down to money and advertising, as well as the gullibility of the spectator.

Of course it is. :roll:

I'm sure that you do believe that the crowds have been brainwashed into wanting to see the fastest 100 meters of all time, you probably do think that the gullible fools would have just the same sense of excitement and sense of jeopardy watching their local amateur athletics club. I'm happy to leave you with that belief.

Anyway as I said to you earlier, in the real world many people take plenty of pleasure watching world class sports people compete.