Recent Immigrants make "net contribution" to finances

Who's GIMGEG? Or are you addressing me? I didn't do that because I don't know how to, I've only recently joined the interweb, and the grandkids have been too busy to go through everything with me, but I do apologise.

No, I can't, but I know they're all putting financial, housing, healthcare and education pressures on the UK, all things that most of the open borders brigade also seem to complain about.

You will see I had already corrected the typo before you posted.

Best start accusing the OECD of cheating as well then,because they agree with Dustman.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jameskirkup/100221789/immigration-and-the-british-economy-the-awful-truth-is-revealed/

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an international think-tank backed by the world’s biggest governments. It crunches numbers on an industrial scale, providing data about developed economies that are regarded by a lot of people as fairly credible.

Today, it’s produced a large report about migration and related issues.

Part of that report looks at the fiscal impact of immigration. Broadly, the OECD concludes that migrant workers tend to make a net contribution to the countries they move to. This is because they tend to be younger and more economically active than the average of the wider population in their new country, a population that includes more very young and very old people.

At the same time, migrants consume public services. Do they pay in more than they take out? In lots of countries, the OECD concludes that the answer is Yes.

There are two ways of measuring the impact of immigration on the public finances.

The first is to include pension contributions and payments. However, some people argue that’s a misleading measure, because migrants’ age profile differs from the wider population, and because of the time-lags involved in receiving pensions. So you can estimate the impact excluding pensions.

On both measures, the OECD found that international migration is making a positive difference to Britain’s public finances. That is, the Government’s deficit is smaller than it would have been without the presence of immigrants in the UK.

This fella has got it right,

"The forecasts of the OECD and the OBR are so consistently wrong we might as well ask Michael Fish for his GDP growth forecasts"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100120307/the-forecasts-of-the-oecd-and-the-obr-are-so-consistently-wrong-we-might-as-well-ask-michael-fish-for-his-gdp-growth-forecasts/

But surely if every country shares your view on restricting immigration you'd end up with a million brits back here and your taxes would increase to pay for their healhcare.

No, I never mentioned repatriation, just limiting future immigrants to those who can fully support themselves (ie. Not the 40% of EU migrants that claim working tax credits). Additionally I doubt many British expats are claiming benefits in Spain.

Ps. Don't immigrants age? Will they not become old one day too? Are we admitting society is like one big pyramid scheme and the population will always need to exponentially increase?

"The forecasts of the OECD and the OBR are so consistently wrong we might as well ask Michael Fish for his GDP growth forecasts"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100120307/the-forecasts-of-the-oecd-and-the-obr-are-so-consistently-wrong-we-might-as-well-ask-michael-fish-for-his-gdp-growth-forecasts/[/quote

OECD on immigrants wasn't a forecast,they already had all the info and just interpreted it.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100120307/the-forecasts-of-the-oecd-and-the-obr-are-so-consistently-wrong-we-might-as-well-ask-michael-fish-for-his-gdp-growth-forecasts/[/quote

OECD on immigrants wasn't a forecast,they already had all the info and just interpreted it.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You having such a narrow minded view is laughable. Skills such as mentoring are invaluable especially in later professional life. For her to be given the opportunity to develop them at such a young age is actually a nod to her being trustworthy and capable. But you can't see that and obviously neither can the girl. If the girl takes the opportunities presented to her and maximises them with added effort then she could go far. But with people like you holding her back. Well, she can be another average kid of no great achievement. This is the difference between families from ethnic minorities versus the average white English ones.

She involves the other kid in the playground, but you're obviously too dense to understand it's not her job in the class. What is an average white English one you seem to dislike so much?

Oh...Are you sure the surgeon operated on your neck and not your brain?

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Total B/S the child has been held back by having to mentor someone who isn't up to speed, if ethnic minorities are so intelligent why doesn't it show in their own countries.

Google PISA tests and tell which which countries dominate the top of the table and where the UK is.

She involves the other kid in the playground, but you're obviously too dense to understand it's not her job in the class. What is an average white English one you seem to dislike so much?

Oh...Are you sure the surgeon operated on your neck and not your brain?

If the kid can't hack it, don't blame others. It really is simple, it is ok to admit that the girl is not academically as gifted as you like. Once you understand that, you can then make it work with remedial studying. Do you or your partner know how to be a parent? Do you or your partner help with her school work or are you not educated enough to do so? Private tuition can help too and not very expensive in Sheffield at all.

I don't have a problem with average white English children, but it was bought up earlier in the thread as if they are helping all the migrant children out as if they are generally superior when it is not the case. I have already mentioned already, but you have rather conveniently ignored that the general consensus is that UK children are poorly educated compared to their peers in Far East Asia. The reason Far East Asian countries were singled out as high achievers is because culturally children from these countries are raised very differently compared to the UK. This cultural difference is bought with them when move to this country. A very high emphasis is placed on the child's education, whereas, families in the UK especially the indigenous white families in general don't care anywhere near as much and it shows. The PISA tests prove this without question. You think the girl is doing great, but compared to others she's lucky to be average. Children in the UK are generally lazy at schooling with no commitment. If it wasn't the case, the PISA results wouldn't be as they are.

---------- Post added 12-11-2015 at 20:29 ----------

All it shows is ours are falling behind because of immigration.

Not really, it shows that UK children are generally poorly educated because they are bad at schooling and have no commitment in studying to further better themselves.

Children nowadays are far more concerned with their Sky television and games consoles and when the next Call of Duty is released.